+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true that a guy looses interest in you when...........

Naturally, we don't know all the facts from just one post, but here are a few genralities I've noticed, maybe one or more will apply:

First of all, this is one of the many cases where I feel it's not a "guy thing" or ar "girl" thing", it's just a "human thing". We want what we don't have, and if you make yourself too available, you may, in fact, lose interest. I'm sure it's happened to girls too, which is why they're attracted to the "bad boys" who are a challenge to tame, rather than the "good guys".

And here is one where gender DOES matter, I think: Guys do tend to run away from commitment more often than girls because we're not ready to settle down until much further into our lives as compared to women. I don't know why, maybe we just don't hear the biological clock ticking, should we want to have children..that's one of my theories. Maybe it's tradition, I don't know.

BUT if we happen to come accross "THE ONE", where WE fall head over heels, naturally, we'll be ready to settle down with this one. If feelings are reciprocated, then there's the match made in heaven, if not, the girl doesn't feel the same way, then it will be a guy writing your very same post, asking why women push a guy away when he gives himself completely.

I think, in the end, it's compatibility. If the guy is ready (and looking) it'll increase the chances of him wanting to settle down with you and have this kind of close relationship. If he's not ready, than this is, unfortunately, a sign that..he's just not THAT into you :S.

Give him no more than he gives you..if it's not enough for you or not what you're looking for; move on. Who knows, maybe if you move on he'll realize he doesn't want to lose you .

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Some guys are like that, and those aren't the guys you want. It's actually a pretty good test- if he loses interest after he feels he's "won" you, he's a bad guy.
    This. The good ones either never feel like you were one to be 'won', or try even harder once they have 'won' you

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG, why are we branding guys as good or bad? We are not in high school anymore. TBH most girls nowadays are not worth pursuing and that is exactly what they get. Guys get them and then face a great disappointment once they find out who really is behind that cute face. We get what we deserve. period.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    It could scare someone off if your really over the top. It depends how long stuff has been going on and how fast your behaviour changes. You just need to find the right balance for both personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuestion View Post
    It all depends on the person. In my case, I was the clingy one ;p (I'm the guy) Although this wasn't a problem with my fiance, she was always wanting to be with me too.

Some guys like to be with their GF whenever they have free time (like me, ready to commit and be with her forever)

Other guys like to have more free time to be with their friends. (not ready to commit, still just playin around)

I disagree with your view here. Although this may be the case with some ppl, here is how i see it:

Some guys like to be with their GF whenever they have free time (Potentially unhealthy relationship, partners always attached at the hip, no hobbies or other life skills to keep them stable, especially if they brake up their world will come CRASHING down and won't be able to get up very fast).

Other guys like to have more free time to be with their friends. (Obviously I am not going to be talking about people who are always ditching their ladies, i am talking in moderation... Healthier balance, other things going on then just their girl, will not be sent into a deep depression should something happen in their relationship).

I know some people will object, and like I said above, all is in moderation.. but also reading the other thread about number of sexual partners then coming here and seeing your post OneQuestion, you seem to be fragile and the overall contents of your post make it seem as if you are insecure. (not trying to be mean or anything, i could be wrong, just an observation).
    I don't think that a man wanting to spend most of his free time with a woman is irrational. Some people simply don't have a whole lot going on and put all of their energy into the relationship. Most women wish that their men made more time for them. To NEVER be apart IS unhealthy, but I don't think that is what is being talked about here. Nine times out of ten when I hear a guy refer to a girl as "clingy" it is because that guy is noncommital and wants the benefits of a relationship (ie sex and attention when HE wants it) without sacrificing any personal freedom or having to take their girlfriend's feelings into consideration. "Clinginess" as I see it would be more properly defined as "loving enthusiasm". If any one person is significantly more enthusiastic than the other about the relationship there is a problem.
    Last edited by Incognito; 13-03-10 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Had to insert quote within a quote
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

We should be more careful when generalizing guys. My first girlfriend would sometimes skip Church to spend time with me, even though she was highly religious, and I loved that. My second girlfriend frequently wanted to have girls nights and almost never wanted to spend a full day together on the weekend, and guess what? I broke up with her. Not all guys like what they can't have, and become more attracted to you if you are harder to get. If I find it difficult to arrange something with a girl, I forget about her and find someone less annoying. In particular, the OP's behavior would have been appreciated by me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12