+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mummy VS girlfriend

I'll have to find that one too. I love that show. It was SOOO ahead of its time. I love watching the Twilight Zone marathons around the holidays.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

He's 30, he shouldn't be living with his parents!!!! I know he's only living there because he came out of a divorce but he should have used the time to find his own place!!
    Also his mum obviously is very protective of him and doesn't want him to grow up as far as i can tell, but whats worse is he's letting her be like that, and that way she's never gona be able to get to grips with the fact that he's a 30 yr old man!!
    There's nothing wrong with you hanging out with his kid, infact if your going to be dating him it's best if you do meet her =) i dunno why he's not including you in her life much, if at all, but if he got his own place and you moved in or whatever then you would see her a lot more which would be good for both of you, after all she needs a female role model her dads age who her dads get along with well, and if she isn't introduced to the idea of her dad dating then she's not going to be able to deal with it when she get's older and that could ruin their relationship.

I think you should properly confront him about this. Tell him that he can't live his life like this he needs to move out get his own place and get some independancy. and tell him you can't deal with the fact his mum treats him like a boy and that he is old enough to live on his own and make his own descisions. tell him that if something doesn't change then your leaving him becasue you a 31 yr old woman deserve a more mature independent lifestyle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I'll have to find that one too. I love that show. It was SOOO ahead of its time. I love watching the Twilight Zone marathons around the holidays.
    And it sometimes teaches you things, too. The moral of this story: even when she's out of the picture, a bad mother-in-law sticks around in your partner's heart. If your partner is a guy, as in this case, the mother-in-law will remain the most important woman in his life. You can't win.

mel2208 Guest
    your ALL deffo right.. im starting to learn the hard way!!! trust me... I do love the guy but i wont come second fiddle to his mother!!! because i know it will cause problems in the longrun...gonna be havin a chat with him tomor morning...tellin him how i feel about it all..thanks guys xx ( gotta say this is a great forum!!..)

Mel x

How did it go?

Yes, give us the juicy details.

I'll bet he grabbed his security blanket, sat in his momma's lap and cried. She probably then breast fed him while she patted his head. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12