+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can I text him yet

Can I text him yet

My boyfriend dumped me over text after we dated for 3 months. We had even had one fight in person and we were starting to talk about the future as in the next few months... I really like him and I think it was a miscommunication over text messaging about where I was at with him. He didnt think I was that serious about him and even suggested I was seeing another person. I wasnt. We broke up last Tuesday, I called him Sunday no call back. But he then text me this tuesday and just asked me how I was. I kept it short and said fine, he asked me a few other things that I again just kept short. I made sure his text was the last and didnt reply back and didnt ask him any questions about himself. So can I text him a few days later or should I wait another week or two?

I wouldn't text him at all. He sounds nuts, and you can probably do better.
    Spammer Spanker

From experience, Facebook, email and txt messages cause soo much confussion and mis-communication within a relationship. I now try to avoid them at all costs, if I get the feeling that an argument is starting to develope over IM or whatever, I log-off and ring my girlfriend instead. The problem is that you get no sense of emotion over a txt message.

If you still have feeling for him and want to see him again then I would text him, keep it short and sweet but make sure you ask how he is so that he knows you're interested

That's an excellent thing to do nayr. And towards the end of my relationship with my ex I tried to do that. We very seldomly got in major arguments over the phone or in person but then she liked to have all these crazy text message/msn arguments that typically ended with her blocking me and ignoring my phone calls until she cooled off. Text message/IM miscommunications can be quite frustrating.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

mel2208 Guest
    Totally agree with nayr there!! very good advice..

Only my generation truly believes you can build a relationship on texts, emails and tweets.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 13-03-10 at 03:23 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I like your point of view! Texts are nice, but at some point a boy or girlfriend can become an email friend... and these sms make us so adicted as well!
    On another side, how did people date centures ago? There were letters received once in half of year with a horses pouch... and evrybody was still in love and happy

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sms, instant messaging and all that should be just addition in a relationship or a help in comunicating NOT a substitute of a relationship. If you just want to write with someone emails and sms then find a pen friend , because I wouldn't call that a relationship. lol
    I wazzzz here