+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too caring…take two steps back

Too caring…take two steps back

So I see a message from my ex-girlfriends sister saying my ex was admitted to the ER early yesterday morning. Couple hours later my ex’s sister lets me know that she has been schedule for surgery due to appendicitis. I feel pretty bad for her since that’s got to be painful and no surgery is welcomed. So all these feelings about her rush back and hit me just as I think I finally have everything under control.

So the surgery went well and she’s now at home recovering. I felt that out of respect (or some other un-logical reasoning) that it would be a nice gesture to send her a bouquet of “get well” flowers. I just received some text messages saying “thanks”, “how thoughtful”, etc. Then she goes on with just a normal conversation. Ohhh, now she wants to chat…geez. Two months of no personal conversation only work related talk or conversation, done in by a nice gesture of “get well” flowers.

To many clichés running through my head but I just feel “Damned if I do, damned if I don’t”. And as my title suggests just emotionally feel that I just took one step forward and fell backwards down a flight of stairs. Hopefully I can take two steps at a time forward and it’ll be less painful.

Here’s hoping that I just didn’t open a new can of worms.

Who left who?

She left me because she didn't have time to be in a relationship and wanted some time a part to get her life in order. She has a 1yr old and recently moved home. So her reasoning to me was she didn't have time to balance being a new mom, dealing with living at home and have a relationship. I assume that her reasoning was only part of her decision and I've not been told or keen enough to pick up on the other issues.

I just tell myself everyday...move on, something else is better out there and if she comes back then deal with it then. No point in wasting my life for yet another unknown factor.

I just tell myself everyday...move on, something else is better out there and if she comes back then deal with it then. No point in wasting my life for yet another unknown factor.
    Perfect advice... take it ;p