+ Follow This Topic

Thread: if he does not recognize you on the phone and asks who this is...

if he does not recognize you on the phone and asks who this is...

Hey everyone.
    Ive been with my bf for about 2years now. unfortunately most of the time weve been apart due to long distance relationship.
    for a long time now due to his work circumstances, I did not have a number to call, but we tried to stay i contact as much as possible through skype and emails and everything was - i think - alright.
    since last week, he does have a phone number so he wrote me his number. alrite, he says hes really busy so it didnt bother me too much when he did not call me for a week after he was back home. but i wantedto hear his voice so i tried calling the number he gave me today, and he picked up.
    the conversation went something like this
    me: hey
    he: hello?
    me: hey whats up?
    he: hello? whos this?
    now its obvious enough that i was slightely shocked by this question.my numbers showing up...
    so im like: what?...well I hope u figure out who this is...
    he: whos this? i dont recognize the number.
    and then the phone cut off. now i dont know if the signal cut it off due to international call or he hang up.
    i called back but no answer, just the voice message.
    I mean...even if he did not recognize the number - which can happen I guess - he should at least recognize my voice...right?
    plus if its a international call, he could kind of figure who it is...but he didnt...
    what is this?
    i mean, by now im kind of used to these kind of things due to long distance and his work but...I dont know what this should mean?
    any advice what this might be...? Im worried...
    thanks in advance!

Could mean something... could mean nothing... I know(as I am a tech person and have tried multiple phone services, including skype) that they ALL make your voice sound different. It is very possible your voice was MUCH different on his cell than it was on skype.

Try again, and let him know who you are! Why didn't you say, "hey this is ...". Does he KNOW your number? Or was this your first call to him... I guess he maybe should have known your number from skype... but sometimes when people save numbers the first time they get the number, they don't really remember the number, because it is saved, so they just click the name to dial... I didn't know my GF"s number for like a year lol, cus I had it saved in my cell from day 1... if I lost my cell, I wouldn't have been able to call her...

mh...yea the possibility that he does not really remember due to clicking on a saved number already crossed my mind...
    he should know my number, its not the first time i call him...I go back and forth between 2 countries about 3times a year, so everytime I do, I let him know my number by email, so he should know, or at least be familiar..
    plus, Im just thinking you should be familiar to a country code after over a year...maybe nut the number but a country code...? but maybe thats just me.
    youre right, it could mean something and nothing.
    I tried to call him back several times, its been hours ever since I called him first but its just the voice message...maybe it means something then, lol

... hmm. Yea... I just don't want to give you any worry over nothing... that is why I said what I did... and what I said could very well be true. The only way you will find out his intentions is to get in contact with him(hopefully he will answer soon...) and talk to him.

yea, true...I hope too...
    thank you...!

i dont see why he would bother to give u the number if he wasnt going to accept ur calls so im sure its nothing to worry about.
    strange though