+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He doesn't want to be mt bf, but he wants to marry me one day

He doesn't want to be mt bf, but he wants to marry me one day

We were together for almost a year and everything was so intense.We loved each other very much.One day out of nowhere, he decided that he needs a little break of all that, but I know it meant it's the end so I recommended we finish it and stay friends.We tried to stay friends, but it was really difficult, cause I still loved him and was finding ways to ask him what happened, why he stopped loving me, have I done something wrong, is he having someone else and all those questions coming on my mind.
    After several months, I met a guy.It wasn't anything serious, but it was a good relationship.When my ex heard about me being happy again, he tried to make a contact again asking me out, texting me and etc.He was really really sweet.I said to myself that I still love him, but nothing can really happen again.
    Now, he got cold a bit, especially he is like that when he is working all day, but when he is off work he is still texting or calling me.1 week ago we went out to a drink, being friendly and we started laughing how silly we were when we were saying 'forever' on which he asked :if we gonna marry one day.It was really weird to hear it, but I thought he is just lonely and he wants making plans about the future.But still he continued mentioning the marriage thing, although he said he likes our friendship but he doesn't want anything else but friendship.(I knew it already cause he was the one who broke up with me).
    But, mentioning about having kids and getting married with me, what does that mean?

It means that he's just talking nonsense to keep you near him. You know that nothing good can come from restarting a relationship with this guy, so don't. It is probably better to keep away from him since he seems to want to only contact you again after you met someone else. You know he doesn't want a real relationship, and that's all you need to know at this point. Just don't contact him, ignore his calls, and meet someone new.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

He's a dog, lifting his leg to mark his territory.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I know you only want a males opinion but as someone with experience with this kind of stupid male behavior I have to give my 2 cents.

What you are experiencing is him trying to make you his "backburner girl". This happens to me more than I'd like to admit and it's a pain in the a**.

Basically, he wants you. Maybe. Someday. Just not right now. Right now he wants to meet other chicks, get his rocks off and play around a bit. He possibly even wants to see if he can do better than you. When he gets tired of playing or when he finds that he cannot do better than you he wants to make sure you haven't moved on too far. He wants you to still be there when he's done having his fun.

Being backburner girl sucks. My advice to you is to laugh off his antics and find some hot new guy to occupy your mental real estate.

If you're ok putting your life on hold and waiting for him to come around that's your business. If you're ok taking the risk that he will return eventually (and not fall in love with some girl he thinks is better than you) that's your business too. Still, it'll be a shame if he breaks your heart twice.

He left you. Maybe he was just not ready at the time... but he left you. You are now in new relationship, don't screw up that one. Stop talking to your ex.

Thanks

Thanks to all of you.
    Not what I wanted to hear, but that's why this forum exists.To make me forget about him, at least for a week .
    Or forever.

Being a changed guy still in love with his ex, I don't think it's a TERRIBLE thing to look back and maybe give things another go. That's if they really changed and you still have that chemistry.

You have to be logical though. He is talking about getting married and kids and you guys haven't even been dating for a while. That's getting way ahead of yourself, like he knows you still care about him and you could just jump to that level at any second. That's absolutely wrong and would never work out with such illusions of grandeur. It'd be one thing if he left you alone to let your relationship pan out, but the fact that he wants to interrupt shows he has no respect for it and you. He let you go and shouldn't get to have you when he wants....
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.