+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do? Any advice is great!

What should I do? Any advice is great!

Hi, Basically I've known this girl for 6-7 Years. We have always been really close and got on really well. We lost contact for a year but met up again
    but she was now engaged and pregnant. Apart from being friends we have always had a soft spot for each other and always will. The problem is I have fallen in love with her big time over the last year. I really think she could really be the "the one" i end up with, and I know she feels the same about me. But she is still engaged to this guy, living with him and now has a baby. I know she has to be single before anything can happen with us, but she is scared to break up with him because if me and her didn't work out, she would have lost her fiance, her home, the babies father - everything. But she really loves me and wants us 2 be together. What do I do. seeing her as a friend is so hard because I just wanna be able to hold her hand etc.. but I cant. I'm only 19 and taking on a child is gonna be hard at my age but for her i'd do anything in the world. Do I leave it and try to move on or should I be fighting more for her? Sorry to make it long-winded but I wanted to give all the details. Any advice kindly appreciated. Thanks. Steve

i understand that you love her but you should not put yourself in the middle of this!
    You are still very young! I think that she needs to come to her own decisions without you in the picture. i feel tha tif things were going well in her relationship then she wouldnt have these feelings for you so she obviously needs to figure things out for herself. remember that being engaged and having a baby is very emotional especially in the beginning. i feel that you should let this one go, i know it will be hard but if you keep pursuing this it can end in disaster for the both of you.
    Also speaking from experience it may seem right now but when you to do get together it may be something totally different. I am not saying that there arent posibilities there are tons of those and what ifs here in your situation, that is not enough, she needs to figure things out for herself w/out you in the picture. emotions are flying high from all angles so step back. i hope i was helpful.

Thanks for your reply

Blue - I totally understand what you are saying, I think she needs to sort her self out before I come into the picture. Thankyou for taking the time to reply. Steve

your welcome! anytime keep us posted. are you ok with that decision? i mean will you be able to steer clear for a while?

You don't do anything other than let her know you are there for her should she need you. She's the one who has a decision to make - give her time to make that decision and respect whatever she decides.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -