+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Experience with dating sites...

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    And let me guess no matter how good looking, honest and packed full of charm and money if he likes you its a no joy.
    I've never met someone who fits that description who likes me back. Believe me there's nothing more I'd like in the world than to find a good looking, honest, funny guy who likes me as much as I like him.

I don't seek out guys who don't like me! They end up just wanting to be my "friend". There's a difference.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    I'm not sure what to think about OkCupid so far. The first girl I got along with on OkCupid turned out to be overweight. The second girl suddenly freaked out and didn't want to meet offline. The third girl turned out to be overweight. The fourth girl was 33 years old, but she paid for the drinks, so I didn't mind that. She turned out to be MARRIED.

The fact is, though, OkCupid is significantly more frustrating if you are a male. There are more guys than girls, and the guys are more aggressive, so a guy can't sit and wait for people to send messages to them. Even once you realize that and start messaging other people frequently, girls get so many messages that yours is likely to be passed over out of hand. I have been disappointed with my level of success thus far, and wondering what the problem could be. Although I've not indicated it to be the case, I suspect maybe girls think I'm just out for pussy. I also wonder how many girls avoid getting to know me because I will be moving to in August. It would be interesting to hear what one of the girls here thinks of my profile, if it's not too much trouble.
    I'll read it, PM me too!

There are ten pictures and three journal posts. Have fun, girls!

SirWagginston,

If you wouldn't mind I'd be curious to see it too...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Not having good luck on okcupid.. I got about 8 views but that's about it..

signed up with match.com and nothing...

e-harmony isn't really for dating. It's for people looking for marriage. Same with match.com, I think. OkCupid's ads look like a hooker service to me. Clearly meant for random hookups, just like FriendFinder.

I've never used online dating, but I think it's better than going out and meeting these people in bars and buying them drinks all night. Sure, that makes it easier to see if they have a fat ass, but that's about it. I don't know why you would expect people to be more straightforward and appealing online than in person, Graham. The world is chock full of C-grade options.

If I were doing online dating, I'd be picky as hell.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The world is chock full of C-grade options.
    Sadly, that's all I see around me.

I think I'm getting addicted to OkCupid. It's too much fun. There are so many different types of people; I like to message them in different ways, and see what different kinds of responses I can get. I spend only around half of my time there actually looking for dates, and now that I'm getting into the quizzes, that figure is falling farther.

I think I'm getting addicted to OkCupid. It's too much fun. There are so many different types of people; I like to message them in different ways, and see what different kinds of responses I can get. I spend only around half of my time there actually looking for dates, and now that I'm getting into the quizzes, that figure is falling farther.
    Damn, I'm so bored I'm going to actually try it.

You should. It's not as successful at finding you a partner or hook-up as I'd initially hoped, but I learned a lot about people.

You should. It's not as successful at finding you a partner or hook-up as I'd initially hoped, but I learned a lot about people.
    I've been there 5 minutes and some "girl" started asking me my yahoo im, I suspect "she" was a spammer... I pretty much find nothing to do but tests there.. kinda boring

Don't mind the girl, she's a sex bot trying to lure you to her naughty website. I don't think you're getting the point of OkCupid, though. You're supposed to answer the match questions and find out which girls end up being compatible with you, and then start messaging with people.

Don't mind the girl, she's a sex bot trying to lure you to her naughty website. I don't think you're getting the point of OkCupid, though. You're supposed to answer the match questions and find out which girls end up being compatible with you, and then start messaging with people.
    Yeah, I did that.. but my matches 200 milles from me have nothing to do with me according to my bio.. if I choose worldwide it seems there's some people who would be "a better match"

Is it unethical to post private conversations here for analysis?

Is it unethical to post private conversations here for analysis?
    if they are posted anonymously, it shouldn't imo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast