+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Experience with dating sites...

Experience with dating sites...

I've been on e-harmony for the last couple months. I regret it. It cost me $100 for three months and it has returned no results.

Okcupid is better only because it is free and actually lets you talk to the person.

After using both they seem to cater to two different audiences.

E-harmony seems designed for people over 40 who have no social life and are too scared and timid to go out into the world to meet people. Its very ridigid and the majority of my "matches" are older unattractive women who are divorced.

Okcupid seems to be geared toward people under 35 who are only looking for a hook up or fling. It lets you talk directly to the person and even has a rating system designed to pair you up by different attributes like sexual computability...

They both suck...
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 26-03-10 at 10:47 PM.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I guess okcupid is kind of like plentyoffish. Although they do have older crowd as well so i don't know. Nothing beats just going out and meeting people, even if you're shy and awkward.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    I guess okcupid is kind of like plentyoffish. Although they do have older crowd as well so i don't know. Nothing beats just going out and meeting people, even if you're shy and awkward.
    Agreed. I'm noticing people out there are usually just as nuts as they are online. Young girls just want you to spend money on them and older women just want to get RIGHT into a relationship and start moving toward marriage...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been on plenty of fish. All I ever got was "hey, you're hot blah blah blah" type messages. I don't hand out my pussy on a platter yet that's what it felt like I was supposed to!

I've been on a few local sites as well with the same results. Creepy old farts asking to meet up with no flirting what so ever. Eventually I got super defensive using a heading saying: "If you don't have a picture and a profile saying who and what you are don't bother. You're only messaging me because you like my face and what I got to say, I expect to see yours too" or something along those lines. They screamed "bitch" I screams "f**k off old fart" At the time I was 21 and 50 year old men were messaging me with empty profiles and no picture...

It was overall a horrid experience.

Though I met ONE sweet guy had amazing talks and flirting online but not one ounce of chemistry in real life.

Those guys make the job for guys like me harder... I have a profile and am devastatingly good looking and when I message girls its like interviewing for a job INTERVIEW...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'll bet it does make it harder, but yeah when I get messages like that I was getting fed up I wanted to weed the idiots out but learnt that I honestly couldn't... sorry it's hard for you but it's hard for the ladies too!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I'll bet it does make it harder, but yeah when I get messages like that I was getting fed up I wanted to weed the idiots out but learnt that I honestly couldn't... sorry it's hard for you but it's hard for the ladies too!
    And then you finally met them and they either turn out to be crazy or just after money...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or in my case just straight up fugly. His picture was adroable. But his body was umm huge? I can deal with some pudge but when the fat is pouring out the top of your pants... um yeah no thanks. I don't want flab sitting on the top of my head when I'm giving head.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    And then you finally met them and they either turn out to be crazy or just after money...
    True on so many counts. The stuff about it being like a job interview is spot on as well. Some of them, no matter how good looking you are, how well you can hold a convo, if they see you are making less than 50k/year, they won't even talk to you.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kind of like how when I took my picture off I didn't get one single response. I'm pretty and that's all they wanted a peice of my pretty little ass.

The experience is different (for men and women but at the same time, it's the same.

I signed my mate up and did the preliminary work for him.

The girls were mostly up themselves and the ones who weren't... freakish in some mental or physical aspect.

I saw a lot of unreal expectations such as virtual checklists of what a guy or girl had to be in order to start a conversation with another.

Handed the account over to him and within a week, he got sucked in by a fatty with obsessive compulsive issues who hid her lower body shots.

He turfed the account and went back to pub trawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    I signed my mate up and did the preliminary work for him.

The girls were mostly up themselves and the ones who weren't... freakish in some mental or physical aspect.

I saw a lot of unreal expectations such as virtual checklists of what a guy or girl had to be in order to start a conversation with another.

Handed the account over to him and within a week, he got sucked in by a fatty with obsessive compulsive issues who hid her lower body shots.

He turfed the account and went back to pub trawling.
    Yup, i think unless you are one of those guys who really has most or all of those things on their checklists, no point even trying. Going to a pub, coffee shop, library will work much better. At least you'll know right there on the spot, you have a shot or you dont.

What amazed me was how specific some of the lists were and a lot of the arrogant comments made about the various expectations on their lists.

...oh, and the contrived posing for candid photographs.

A digital meat market full of offcuts. lol

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well I can relate to a certain degree. I mean I didn't set out a list must make $XXX, must drive a XXX but I do understand the need to put up a qualifications list for contact becasue after so many LOSERS contacting me I felt it to be necessary to put up a list... Perhaps they felt the same... they got soo many losers contacting them, they made a list. Though I do think a list detailing how much a man needs to make, what kind of job he needs to have or where he lives etc, was a bit much. All I asked for was a decent looking, non-pussy seeking, nice, genuine man. I didn't come out on top.

Your listing sounds like it would have been interesting to read more into it, girl68.

But you probably would have attracted 300 kg mommas boys in Flash Gordon underoos and surrounded by action figurines from the original Battlestar Galactica Series.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast