+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back to square one guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FrailWings View Post
    Grow up seriously. I'm gonna move on, but I'd prefer to get back with her. I'm gonna do NC, so don't bother making fun, it's not the time for that.

I'm sorry for being abrasive. I remember how I felt at the time of my prior awakening.

Sincerely I mean that.

What PP and I have been saying is that you've put yourself into this unattainable expectation that somehow, this time will be different.

It's unlikely to be the case.

In fact, highly unlikely to be the case unless both parties have some earth shattering revelations apart and together which drives them to work out their problems in one honest moment together and move on, together.

More people win the State Lottery.

Are you wrong for hoping?

No

Are you wrong for waiting?

If you're waiting for it to happen again... then, yes. You're wasting your time.

Move on... find a gal who loves you for who you are... warts and all.

Good luck, dude.

People do change and people can work out. Like I told you before though, it just seems that she came back for all the wrong reasons. The reality set in again and neither of you were ready to handle it.

After everything you went through, after all the talking to we did with you, why did you think just walking away and shunning her would be the right move to do? I used to do that all the time and I really got on my ex's bad side very fast. If you guys are both madly in love, why are you turning your back on them? Just a few questions to mull over.

I know you are 18 and young but if you believe in something and want it to work, you wouldn't be acting like this.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Thanks for the replies. I did what i did, because, i had to in a weird way. She wouldn't listen and open her eyes to the cracks we had. We agreed to fix things, but it felt like i was the one trying to. Only on one occasion when she actually did go over things, over than that i had to drive myself to extreme lengths to make this important point. We tried, infact we were really good, we identified what was wrong, and even on the night where i did what i did, she apologized and begged for me back. I fell asleep, and i woke up to "blocking your number, deleting you off facebook, msn etc." She changed over night. I'm not saying, i expect to get back with her, i'm doing NC, for myself, and it opened up the door last time. It may not happen again, but i'm doing NC to be in a better place. Because right now, i'm hurting.

I agree with "turning the back", i've fought for her a lot, and for her to give up in one night, over one big argument, when we had none previously at all, makes it even a bitter pill to swallow.

A good song about it...

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doc, everytime I say to someone here on lf 'there's plenty more fish in the sea' I think about this song,like for real

And this , this song is like my last break up anthem. I was listening to this for few months. Well I started when I realised that this ship is sinking into the bottom. This song partially helped me get to the point when I finally said it's over for good.

I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Doc, everytime I say to someone here on lf 'there's plenty more fish in the sea' I think about this song,like for real

And this , this song is like my last break up anthem. I was listening to this for few months. Well I started when I realised that this ship is sinking into the bottom. This song partially helped me get to the point when I finally said it's over for good.

Nice vid.

My last major breakup song was this:

which consoled me on the road each day I drove to work.. the reverb meshing with the sound of my tyres for nearly a year... until the point I spontaneously began laughing one day... and crying (I almost never cry; 5-10 years inbetween incidents).

It was at that point where I realized that I couldn't physically endure further weight loss, the doctors couldn't nail down a definitive cause, and I would be dead in a further 3 months... because I didn't care anymore. Yet, I could listen to the same song every day, looped, for hours on end... and never got bored with it...it just inspired me to keep waking up.

Suddenly, the song and my life became all the more beautiful.

Hope was restored. My spirit was awakened.

edit: The song still makes me teary. I avoid listening to it. )
    Last edited by Doc Durian; 19-03-10 at 06:53 AM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So the anthem of your story issss...

Well, mine as well And all of those people who moved on and left bad ex partners

PS.This song really makes me smile everytime I listen to it And the clip is adorable
    I wazzzz here

Thanks for the effort anyway, PP.

It was time for a drenching. I've been putting it off for quite awhile. Ducts need servicing, at any rate.

Clearly we have difference on music. My song at the minute is, Escape the Fate - Something.

I just wanted to ask something. You mention several times in this and the previous thread the words "sorting things out", "working out issues"... etc. Exactly what are you talking about? What is the fundamental incompability between you two that made you break up? Was it just meaningless arguments or was there something deeper behind them?
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Mainly meaningless arguments, however the main problem was how argumentative she was and her temper.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123