+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Girlfriend and I Don't spend Enough time Together

My Girlfriend and I Don't spend Enough time Together

We are both in high school and we go to the same school, same grade, and have one class together everyday. Problem is she has alot of days where we can't spend lunch together because she has other stuff to do. She gets to school about 10 minutes before school and we don't get anytime somewhat alone there. And she has to run off after school so only a few minutes of sonewhat alone time there. And no more dates until she pulls up her BIO grade. Did I mention we've only been on 13 dates and we've been dating for 9 months? I need help. I don't want us to drift apart.

Quote Originally Posted by liljoedaprince View Post
    We are both in high school and we go to the same school, same grade, and have one class together everyday. Problem is she has alot of days where we can't spend lunch together because she has other stuff to do. She gets to school about 10 minutes before school and we don't get anytime somewhat alone there. And she has to run off after school so only a few minutes of sonewhat alone time there. And no more dates until she pulls up her BIO grade. Did I mention we've only been on 13 dates and we've been dating for 9 months? I need help. I don't want us to drift apart.
    and we havent fooled around since December...and it doesn't look like we will until May or April

The odds are high that two of you will drift apart in the next couple of years anyway. It doesn't reflect badly on you, it's just a turbulent time of life. You will both probably be going through changes, and not necessarily in the same directions. At least summer break is coming up, maybe the two of you can spend more time together then.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

JD! is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Being together all the time can sometimes be just as problematic as not. I know that may seem as strange thing to say but if you where constantly together you may grow sick of each other and end up drifting apart anyway. However, I understand your problem. I've just started to date a girl who goes to my uni so i'm in a similar situation. She lives pretty close to the uni where as I live a fair distance away. With the amount of work we have to do it doesn't always give lots of time for us. To add to that she is looking into getting a job so that will cut into our time more.

Now, the thing here is to remember that she likes you. You've been together nine months, so she obviously has feelings for you. What me and my girlfriend have done have made time to be with each other. At the moment we only have one afternoon put aside that is just for us. If we are lucky we might be able to fit in more time during the week, but the point is we have a dedicated time to be together.

Now, your girl sounds fairly busy but surely in there somewhere she could find a few hours for you. It might not be a whole day, it might be only two or three hours, but even that little time will help. So go to her and talk to her about it. School is very important, but so is having downtime because going overboard with studies can be just as bad as not doing any. Other than that enjoy every moment you have with her. Make those moments count. Remind her she is special to you. It doesn't have to be big, just let her know you care. If she is worth being with she'll try and make time for you.

Best of luck mate!

just gv undrstanding and emdurance