+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I end it?

Should I end it?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 13 months. He broke up with me 10 months into the relationship saying he wasn't in love with me anymore, which was really outta the blue for me since the day before he was telling me how much he loved me and all that jazzy stuff. He called it needing a break, but soon after about 2 weeks later we decided to give it another try, so here we are.

I told him when we got back together to not tell me he loved me until he was in love with me, well that didn't last long and now we both say it. He says that the spark is coming back, but there have been strains on the relationship due to outside factors. We argue almost every week and I usually end them with why are you here? And he says because I love you or I care for you and want the best for you, which feels more like a good friendish vibe. I really do love him a lot, and want it to work, but I don't know if he'll ever be able to love me the way I want and need to be loved. He and I have very different values when it comes to love and he's even told me that he puts work and finances before anything, which I do get, because that is important, but, he put it like this "If I were married and it came to staying married with that person and living in a car or both of us being ok own our own divorced, than I would get a divorce..." I can understand that logic, but to me it seems so cold. I feel as though if you love someone you cannot bear to be without them, they are your everything your air and fire....i know that seems very cheesy, but I want a guy to love me like that and I have a feeling that my boyfriend will never be able to. I don't know if I should give it more time or end the relationship now. I even asked him tonight, why shouldn't we not be together, he said, "because I care for you and want to see you do good and be there when good things are happening to you," I kinda got silent and he said, "what should I have said?" "I wish you would have said, because I love you and I don't want to be without you....you are my everything" and he told me he couldn't say this. I feel as though I'm being stupid to the obvious, which is that i should just end it.

*sigh*...

you know the answer, and it's not the easy one. Feel for ya. :/
    But the sooner you do it, the better.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Okay, first of all, I don't buy that he broke up with you because he wasn't in love with you any more. He did it because he wanted to **** someone else. He ****ed her during the two weeks you were apart, and then got back together with you because he had scratched his itch.

Secondly, your relationship style and his are incompatible. You're a romantic and he's a pragmatist. Might as well end it.
    Spammer Spanker