+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anniversary ideas

Anniversary ideas

Hi,

I've been with my gf for nearly a year now, it's a year next month. I was wondering if anyone's got an really nice ideas about what i could do for her?

My plan so far... make her breakfast in bed (if i'm with her), give her a platinum or gold dipped rose, then taking her for a picnic by the canal if the weather's nice. Then making her a candle lit supper in the evening, might get a nice ring for her. Don't know what to do between lunch and supper though.

Any ideas/comments?
    Thanks

Sounds like a good enough day the way it is. Don't sweat having an activity going on every minute of the day. Some ideas though if you insist would maybe be a couples massage or even just go out and pick up some massage oils and give her a massage yourself. Maybe tour a winery or something scenic.Maybe a nap and some sexy time before dinner? I don't know what her hobbies/interests are so I'm just taking a stab in the dark based off what I'd want.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

You could also nix the breakfast in bed (since you're unsure whether you'll be able to do it or not), and cook dinner. I'm not sure how good of a cook you are, but I'm quite sure she'll appreciate the time and effort if you actually cook for her. A gold/platinum dipped rose seems a bit much since you are only gf/bf though. I add a ring to that list of "too much" also. Save buying a ring for your proposal, if you get there, since it will make it all the more special. That is only my personal opinion though.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

so you have all the meals planned... Know what you are cooking?!? But it seems like that is all you have, meals. Yes the walk on the canal, but that is for a piknick(meal).

Try to think of something to actually DO. It is very nice to cook meals, but you are cooking/packing EVERY meal for this day. You need to actually bring her SOMEWHERE.
    It is your 1 year anniversary, perhaps you could revisit the place you two met(depending how / where you two met)

After lunch until dinner time, I would declare this time - home movie / snuggle / sex time.

I'd say scrap your dinner plans, and bring her out to dinner... or... make dinner at home as planned, then go out afterwords for a couple drinks.

Also, if you will have ANY time alone and have a chance, get some rose pedals, champaigne(2 glasses as well), and some candles - set those up in the bedroom whenever you can when she isn't there, perhaps after lunch if you have some free time, then whenever you two go back to the bedroom, she will be amazed. I did this for my fiance a couple times, and it always pleases her - girls really like pretty things like this, however, the real reason they enjoy it is it just shows you care.

thanks for the ideas, i gotta agree the ring is too much, but she would love the rose.
    Massage is a good idea she always likes it when i randomly give her them, and they often lead to sex eventually so an added bonus.
    I'm a chef so cooking is one of the best things i do lol. Three things done by me might be a bit much you're right, thanks.
    can't really do the place we met, was a park which is pretty nasty now. and she doesn't like champaigne :/

Is it better to take her out to do something? or to do something at home?

Also be prepared for the weather not being the best...make a back-up plan of things to do indoors that day...maybe see if any local clubs are having some bands play that you both like...and in my experience women like dancing...not really sure why but they do...so dancing seems to be a winner.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why is everything so one-sided towards the woman? shouldn't you celebrate the both of yous? how about no one cooks and you both go out to a nice place?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Is it better to take her out to do something? or to do something at home?
    Definetely better to GO OUT. My fiance' would definetely like to go out rather than sit home all day. Sure we love to watch movies and snuggle... but you should do something more on your anniversary. Going out, instead of sitting home, makes you happy... I know that sounds weird, but just being cooped up in a house can be depressing. When you are out, you will have fun, but you will also then WANT to go home, to snuggle, etc... so this brings anticipation into it, which is good.

Also. The gifts don't have to be exensive, but it will blow her mind if you suprise her a couple times throughout the day. You mentioned the rose. That is great. You also mentioned a ring, which people said might be odd or too much because it is a 'ring'... but perhaps instead of a ring, some earrings or a necklace(OR BOTH).

I got my fiance' earrings and a necklace on OUR anniversary just a little while ago. I gave her the earrings in the morning, then at dinner I gave her the matching necklace, she was soooo suprised I had something else for her, and she was super happy. So you could do the same thing... Perhaps serve breakfast to her with the rose. Give her earrings at lunch, then necklace at dinner!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG you people really go overboard for a 1 year anniversary
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

why is everything so one-sided towards the woman? shouldn't you celebrate the both of yous? how about no one cooks and you both go out to a nice place?
    lol, I agree... On our anniversary... or wait... maybe it was valentines day... yes... I was wrong in my last post... it was valentines day that I got the necklace/earrings... but anyways... On valentines day I got my fiance' the necklace, earrings, flowers, brought her out to expensive dinner, gave her long massage, etc...

What did she do for me... She gave me bath oil(Ok... I do take bathes all the time and I like them and the present) and she also got some of those nipple things(girls put on their nipple with dangling string stuff... if you know what I mean)... She went to her sisters house for a 'sex' party the week before... and that is what she bought to 'give' me on valentines day... She didn't even do anything special really during sex... just walked in naked(but with the nipple things on, and said 'happy valentines day')... What is weird is the 'sex toy' she choose... not really a 'toy'... we already have over 20 sex toys... tons of dildos, anal plugs/beads, vibrators, nipple sucking thingys, lubes, strapon, etc... And she buys nipple covers...

Heh, so yea, I am with you sonrisa, however, that is just how the world is it seems...

OMG you people really go overboard for a 1 year anniversary
    The things I said were for my 6 year valentines day. Not like a girl I just met ;p Although, in previous years I can't deny I did almost as much or even more sometimes... But... I have been with her for 6 years, and am getting married to her soon... so I can't say these things don't help the relationship.
    Last edited by OneQuestion; 23-03-10 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Well I do the same type of stuff but women tend to like to have attention paid to them and I'm usually just thrilled to be with my gf so I don't care what we do as long as she is there with me and if that means doing stuff she likes then that is fine...I'm pretty easy going so its hard for me to not have a good time...plus I think sex is enjoyable (hopefully) for both parties so thats something.

Am I the only one who thinks stuff like that shouldn't be just done in anniversaries? I would do it as a sruprise any day, doing it just in an anniversary doesn't seem right. Also, shouldn't it be something "personified", I mean like doing something she'd actually like even if it's not romantic, the being together should be good enough..

keep in mind I know nothing about this stuff, just sharing the thoughts I've always had in mind.