+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If a Girl Appears Nervous Around You, Intentionally Looks Away...

If a Girl Appears Nervous Around You, Intentionally Looks Away...

when she passes by in a public setting (namely a gym in this situation). When I walk into the building and she sees me it appears like she gets tense, like her shoulders hunch up, she doesn't look away but doesn't look at me and when I do suddenly speak to her she usually seems happy to speak to me, but there has been one or two occasions where she has appeared indifferent. A few months ago for awhile she actually was showing some more genuine signs of being interested, always looking at me when I enter the room (sometimes I noticed just out of the corner of my eye), but I never acted upon it and now I get a slight sense of hostility.......though this could all be in my head. I don't know what too think, this girl is stunningly beautiful and its eating me up inside not too have ever made a move

I was nervous around her too, especially before. One a few occasions when I walked into the building she would be standing there behind the counter with another worker and out of fear of talking to her, mixed with a desire to talk to her, I would start talking to the other girl, just briefly though. That girl started showing interest in me, which was awkward, she was much more forward, so I started kind of ignoring her because I simply wasn't interested and she became hostile. One time both were standing there and I said hello and she (the "other" girl) said in a cold voice that someone wanted to meet with me about my contract at the gym, I think she new what was going on

I realize how immature all this sounds, especially at 24 years old, I can be a pretty naive **** when it comes to women

She isnt a mind reader and wont know that you talked to the friend and simply because you were too scared to approach her.

She may well have liked you......however, you showed the initial interest in her friend and not in her. That to her, will interpret that it's her friend you like and are interested in getting to know, not her.

So because she liked you and you showed the interest in her friend, is why she now acts indifferent to you.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Either that ^, or she is just sick of waiting around for you to ask her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you should try to make an effort to talk to her. You don't want to move into the zone of that creepy guy from the gym who stares.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yeah, I had thought of that too. But placing myself in her situation and if the guy had showed the interest in my friend and I had assumed he liked her....why would I be waiting around for him to make a move on me?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Yeah, I had thought of that too. But placing myself in her situation and if the guy had showed the interest in my friend and I had assumed he liked her....why would I be waiting around for him to make a move on me?
    We've spoken since then and she still seems nervous around me. I can't tell if its just her charming personality or if the way she looks at me when we speak is natural for her, theres a sparkle in her eye and she seems quite receptive to it (with the exception of one occasion it seems)

One thing that is worth mentioning however, my more reserved (standoffish, whatever) behaviour may come across a little better in this situation then most. The fact is I've actually seen this girl get asked out (by an agressive asshole), and I can only imagine that it happens on an almost daily basis by men who are body builders and such. I'm about 95% sure that she is not seriously attached to anyone, and if thats the case then she is looking for something in particular and it likely has more substance then the stereotypical alpha male.....blahblahblah, I should just make a move

Wow !

I'm in the exact same position. There is a girl at a gym and she gets tense when she see's me. I can't figure it out either. i've seen her looking at me when she thinks I can't see her. And she see's glancing at her too... then we both look away. It's painfully tense. I am afraid she maybe starting to think I'm a creep. When we pass each other in close proximity we avoid eye contact. It sucks. She is married so I don't have intentions to pursue her, but I can't figure out this tension thing.