+ Follow This Topic

Thread: you know ur in love when -

you know ur in love when -

what is it suppose to feel like when you're in love? And how do you know it's not something else like infatuation or lust?

my 6th sense is telling me that there are about 100 threads like this one... oh well.

I had that doubt and truthfully, still have it, I've watched lots of conferences and read papers about love both from the social and chemical perspective, and I still have doubts ...

I think that time is one determining factor. If you are simply lusting after someone it will fade after the "newness" of the relationship is gone and after you've "had" that person multiple times. Also if you truly love someone you tend to seek out and accomodate the other person's desires. It is key that both people do this so that one person doesn't end up being used. Unfortunately you can only truly know your own thoughts, and not those of the person you are in a relationship with.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

love is a decision. Yes it is a feeling, and when you meet someone and are with them for a long time, you grow to care deeply for them. You care for them, their wellbeing, and their success. You must make the decision to have your love last a lifetime, by being faithful, caring, giving, etc. And hopefully the other person is on the same 'page'.

Please organize your thoughts before typing, and type calmly and slowly. I have no idea what you were trying to say,and I didn't get your point because your punctuation, grammar, and basic idea structure was a mess.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Please organize your thoughts before typing, and type calmly and slowly. I have no idea what you were trying to say,and I didn't get your point because your punctuation, grammar, and basic idea structure was a mess.
    Glad I'm not the only one who was unable to decipher that crazyness ;p