+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [News] Obama signs historic healthcare reform into law

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    Calling blacks lazy and following that with the words you used was offensive. You could have chosen a better choice of words. There are plenty of lazy a**holes all over the world and they come in all kinds and colors.

I'm not up in arms. I'm not calling you names, I'm not even running around calling you a racist. I'm just telling you your statement was stupid, because it was.

Because of your previous statement, I was expecting to see you write something ignorant, but you didn't. I stand corrected and pleasantly surprised.
    I don't have anything against anyone that doesn't reinforce common stereotypes. Far too many individuals in New Orleans however, do reinforce common stereotypes, and therefore my prejudices. Your world is not the same as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am going to get screwed with this health insurance plan, in a BIG way, since I currently have free medical insurance for life, and I can now probably look forward to a huge tax hike, but I guess I don't mind so much if the insurance companies are forced to cover my daughter (she has a chronic medical condition).

Also, I confess: I didn't vote in the last election. To vote for anyone other than McCain or Obama was a waste of a vote, and I couldn't decide which was the less of two evils. And honestly, I still can't decide.
    This was the first time in my life I have been unable to choose someone.
    R. Paul was the only real candidate in that election and he was unfortunately kept from his voters and support base.

My parents run a non-profit organization aimed at helping others. They pay over $500 a month for my little sister's healthcare, and maintain a mortgage. After paying their taxes, just like you, they don't have enough to afford health care for themselves. They are also not "poor" enough for Medicare.

How are they idiots? Because they make a living helping people instead of working for corporate America?

I wish people would think a little before they talk about things they don't understand.
    Socialized medicine or insurance is the reason why they don't have the money to insure themselves.

They sound healthy, your sister doesn't. They pay through the roof because government got involved into healthcare well over 50 years ago and the cost indexes have bloomed like an algae moat.... which anything government regulated and/or managed always eventually does.

Dropping words or phrases like, "non-profit organization", or "corporate" does a huge disservice to the reality of the facts at hand.

Your sister is a risk, and instead of reducing the costs of such a risk through open market, you've invited the big government/soon to be nationalized bail out contractors in to not only make 500.00 USD toilet seats instead of compete within the market and drive down prices for essential services, you've introduced real corruption... the dirtiest of all spores.

You may think you're doing your family a compassionate service by rooting for the Federal Team, but you're actually enslaving them and the rest of us in tyranny.

Go, you!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    R. Paul was the only real candidate in that election and he was unfortunately kept from his voters and support base.
    I liked his stance on some things (and not others), but ultimately, he would have been a wasted vote.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I liked his stance on some things (and not others), but ultimately, he would have been a wasted vote.
    All votes without activism are wasted votes, particularly in the modern electoral process.

In fact, activism and education are far more important than the vote itself.

I had the opportunity to vote, with numerous legal hurdles, and instead chose to donate in a manner which might educate 3 or more of me to the concepts of true liberty.

In the context of rigged voting machines, brother Governors, multi Zsar-Israeli dual nationality incidents plus the questions of Obama's validity... cold hard cash parted is the strongest and purest action one can take.

We ultimately have to live with our consciences.

I sleep well.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I sleep well.
    Me too, but that's mostly due to exhaustion.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Fair enough....

When I'm not so exhausted that I can't get online and check my email/favourites these days... I watch what is going on in New Hampshire for a mere 20 minutes or less (more if I can).

It inspires me to not go to bed so soon..

It inspires me to challenge the world I live in and assert what I've always felt were my rights... unalienably.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You could vote for Ron Paul in New Orleans.

He got my vote.

If everyone thinks that voting for anyone besides a Republican or Democrat is a wasted vote, then it always will be.

Vashti is the system, that I must burn down.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You could vote for Ron Paul in New Orleans.

He got my vote.

If everyone thinks that voting for anyone besides a Republican or Democrat is a wasted vote, then it always will be.

Vashti is the system, that I must burn down.
    Ralph Nader helped elect George Bush. i'm still pissed off.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We don't need no water...

Woof! woof!

Nader has done some good things in his career but I don't believe I can ever forgive him for that.

Socialized medicine or insurance is the reason why they don't have the money to insure themselves.

They sound healthy, your sister doesn't. They pay through the roof because government got involved into healthcare well over 50 years ago and the cost indexes have bloomed like an algae moat.... which anything government regulated and/or managed always eventually does.

Dropping words or phrases like, "non-profit organization", or "corporate" does a huge disservice to the reality of the facts at hand.

Your sister is a risk, and instead of reducing the costs of such a risk through open market, you've invited the big government/soon to be nationalized bail out contractors in to not only make 500.00 USD toilet seats instead of compete within the market and drive down prices for essential services, you've introduced real corruption... the dirtiest of all spores.

You may think you're doing your family a compassionate service by rooting for the Federal Team, but you're actually enslaving them and the rest of us in tyranny.

Go, you!
    My sister is perfectly healthy. Her healthcare is still $500/month. My parents on the other hand are old. My Dad has a back problem and the women in my family have a history of breast cancer (although my mom has never shown signs of the disease). Combined their healthcare bill used to be over $1500. PER MONTH. They used to pay, but it got to be too much. I really don't care what you say about the subject. In my mind My parents having affordable health care is better than my parents having no health care. That's it. You have your truths and I have mine.

@Frasbee, you're right. We do live in different worlds, but we both still clean our own toilets.

My sister is perfectly healthy. Her healthcare is still $500/month. My parents on the other hand are old. My Dad has a back problem and the women in my family have a history of breast cancer (although my mom has never shown signs of the disease). Combined their healthcare bill used to be over $1500. PER MONTH. They used to pay, but it got to be too much. I really don't care what you say about the subject. In my mind My parents having affordable health care is better than my parents having no health care. That's it. You have your truths and I have mine.

@Frasbee, you're right. We do live in different worlds, but we both still clean our own toilets.
    MY truth DOESN'T AGGRESS against my fellow man. Yours... rapes anything and anyone to meet its end.

You might as well go Postal... the same thing, really.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    MY truth DOESN'T AGGRESS against my fellow man. Yours... rapes anything and anyone to meet its end.

You might as well go Postal... the same thing, really.
    When Americans become hungry, desperate enough, they'll make like the Greeks are.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast