+ Follow This Topic

Thread: *waves*

*waves*

Hi...erm ok, to cut to the point...im a dating disaster. Im 23, female, UK.

I've never really had a long term relationship as such - longest tends to be about 6 or 7 months..Its usually the guy that ends it, they usually cant give me an explanation, almost all of them however, when asked about me, have nothing but nice things to say. confusing? yeah.

I tend to attract guys that are very arrogant: the latest guy i've been involved with is in quite a well known band and one minute we're on, one minute we're off...my friends say i attract these people because i come across as quite intimidating and a bit of a challenge. I've also been told im too 'independent' which confused me, because, i thought there was nothing worse than someone needy - but dually aware of this i try to make sure that i don't come across as 'cool' or 'aloof'and that i'm spending time and generally trying to be considerate and cool about stuff. I just don't seem to be able to meet someone and make it work - i guess i don't really know what im doing wrong and im getting a bit, well, emo over it. I think i have suffered pretty much every indignity at the hands of men - i have been cheated on, beaten and used amongst other things which i suppose makes me quite cynical and someone who finds it hard to forgive.

I do know that i over think EVERYTHING and i have managed to convince myself recently that all myfriends will grow up and have wonderful lives and relationships (my best mate has gone from one long term to another so easily it makes me sick!!) and i will die alone...

I guess im here cus i dont really have anyone to talk impartially too and i need that.....im guessing i prob shouldnt have written such an essay here??

Welcome to LF.

Every time I hear a woman has been beaten by a guy I have desires to crush that guy's head. Sorry to hear your relationships are going "so bad". According to what it's been told in other threads, most of the people (specially guys) in their twenties are just like you say, short relationships, mostly looking for cheap sex.

You just need to find some good guy, there's some... hidden.

You should probably post your doubts or whatever in other sections, because this section doesn't get many replies since I've been here (a week already! )

And cheer up, there's a lot of people doing a lot worse than you, myself for instance.