+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hot & Cold

Hot & Cold

So I met this girl recently, and we've been talking online quite a bit. For the first few nights, we talked for hours at a time, and hit it of really well. At the end of our online chatting the first night she even gave me her phone number and said I should text her after she signed off, which I did. There was even one night where we talked for 3 hours online, and I asked her if she'd ever be interested in meeting in person. She said she would, and though we didn't make specific plans for a time and date, she offered up ideas on where we'd go and seemed generally pretty excited about it. That same night when she signed off I called her and we ended up talking on the phone for another hour (so four hours total this night.)

Then the next day we didn't end up talking at all due to the fact that I was REALLY tired from having stayed up way past my bedtime the previous 3 or 4 nights talking to her, and so I went to bed really early that night. Now, last night I started talking to her and she didn't seem at all interested in talking to me. This happened once before a few days earlier, but then was later followed by another multi-hour long chat the next night, so I didn't really think anything of it at the time. Now today I started talking to her again just to see how it would go, and I got the same seemingly uninterested responses.

How is it a girl can in two days go from chatting me up for four hours straight and talking about where we'd go on our little lunch date to seeming like she's barely at all interested in talking to me? Do you think she's playing games with me?

I think for now I'm just going to let it be and see what happens. I suppose if she's still interested she'll contact me. She does have my phone number, after all.

By all means keep trying. But if you are consistently getting uninterested responses (or none at all) just stop talking to her. I did with a girl I was seeing for a bit because she didn't seem interested and I get little messages here and there from her now. Because for most people, it's nice to have somebody interested and pursuing. I know it's nice to meet somebody online that seems very interesting especially since your previous girl but try not too project too much of your feelings onto the next girl. She isn't a big deal in your life right now so no worries if she doesn't want to hang anymore.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I'm not worried, just annoyed.

Plus I just found something out...during our chatting I asked her if she had a Facebook account so I could add her. She said she didn't have Facebook, and she used to be on MySpace but she got rid of her account. Here's the thing...I just found her MySpace profile (set to private of course) and it says her last logon was yesterday. She also has her age on there listed as 21, whereas she told me she was 19. WTF???

I'm thinking I might just have to move on from this one lol....

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
    I'm not worried, just annoyed.

Plus I just found something out...during our chatting I asked her if she had a Facebook account so I could add her. She said she didn't have Facebook, and she used to be on MySpace but she got rid of her account. Here's the thing...I just found her MySpace profile (set to private of course) and it says her last logon was yesterday. She also has her age on there listed as 21, whereas she told me she was 19. WTF???

I'm thinking I might just have to move on from this one lol....
    yep, the ones who date on the computer lie through their teeth until they just decide to pull the plug on ya.

IDK anything about your relationship so my advice is don't let her make you into a fool, like what happened to me, and make sure there's a clearly defined relationship or not. I tend to really hate those people who have alternate social lives that you can't know about until it winds up hurting you. then again I might just be talking through my hat or whatever.