+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I "unofficially" dated my friend but then we decided to just be friends again..

I "unofficially" dated my friend but then we decided to just be friends again..

I "unofficially" dated my friend but then we decided to just be friends again and I'm beginning to have feelings for her..

You see I've been friends with her for over a year in college and we've always kind of had this attraction going on. A couple of months ago we started to go out to movies and dinner and come back to my place and go to sleep. Now, we've never had sex but we have done just about everything else. All of this happening in the course of about a month. Now, a couple weeks later after we decided to just be friends, I have feelings for her. We text everyday and talk on the phone occasionally. How do I go about finding out if she wants to give it a second chance?

Please someone help me out I'm losing sleep over this.

can i ask who wanted to just be friends and why?

Her because she felt like we weren't connecting on a relationship level. She felt like we were still just acting like friends. Which may have been true but I felt the same way at the time and went with it. We didn't really have anything go wrong at all. I was just hesistant to make her my official girlfriend because I wasn't sure if I was going to develop feelings for her or not and this is the reason I still treated her like a friend, because I didn't feel anything for her then. I just wasn't ready to be in a relationship with her. But now, I feel like we should be in a relationship and I don't know if she still wants to try again or if she really just wants to be friends. It would just be really awkward if she said no because shes in my class for the next 2 semesters atleast.
    Last edited by Metalobsession9; 29-03-10 at 01:26 AM.

You are old enough to be mature about the situation. Let her know you think you both made a mistake and you should try the relationship again. See what she says. If she says okay, then try it again, if she resists then accept that and try and find a way to put your feeling aside.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Okay.. So you say a direct approach? Thing about that is I beleive she may have the same feelings as me going on in her head because she seems a bit more distant than before, like she's holding something back but doesnt know what to do. But in the same way, those actions could mean the exact opposite. However, I kind of want to delay my actions for a few days because we have a big test coming up that we are both stressed out about and are helping each other out to study for. I don't want either one of our feelings on the situation to get too stirred up and stress each other out even more before this test. But at the same time, I don't want her to lose interest and give up within that time. What should I do?

If she is going to lose interest and give up in a matter of days, then you might as well forget about her now.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

She wasn't connecting in that relationship way because neither one of you ever took it to that level. Why didn't you ever make a move on her?
    Spammer Spanker

Giga, if I spam will you spank me?