+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it really alright?

Is it really alright?

Hey all, before i begin, i would like to say this is my first time asking for advice online, plus my spelling might not be so great, so feel free to ask as many questions to clarify! My post might be a little long winded, so yeah...

Me and my girl, we're both 22. Ive known her since 3 years back, but only in August last year we started chatting online everyday. As i knew her best friend before her, we arranged a meet up and we started dating. We've been together since November 2009. Ive dated many girls before, but never found anyone serious enough to share myself with. As for my mate, shes never been into that dating or relationship stage before because, according to her, none of them were as deep yet comforting to be around with like me. Whereas i find her serious about life, positive, intelligent and down to earth, all of which i was looking for. Basically we love and accept each other and find comfort in simple things.

Now here are the problems:
    I'm still a student, studying art, but suffering from depression most of my life. Past jobs have been affected by my terrible phases, so ive been struggling with money. All the while my mate is already graduated and holds a promising job in the medical industry with a good pay. She knew my situation before we entered a relationship and has been very accepting of me ever since. Ive asked her why, her answer is she just wants to be there for me until i graduate and find a job, no matter how depressed i feel. The problem is, her family isnt happy about us till today, but they let us be every now and then. BUT i feel i'm not good enough for her, as i struggle with money and my depression. My social life is almost like a lie and she only knows my true self. Because of this i feel terrible, needing to talk to her so often when im down. Sometimes i don't understand why she still loves me when there are so many more stable guys around. And i dont understand where we're heading, i know marriage is too unrealistic right now, but could she be also wanting a meaningful future for me? She is so much stronger than me, and i can get my head around this problem and wonder if its really alright?

(: I am just like you in many ways. I think you should take a deep breath and try to stop over thinking things...Your partner obviously loves you and cares deeply about you. If she says that your situation is alright then let it be. Trust her, okay? She's your safety net right now. She wouldnt do all of this if she didnt truly love you. It will be alright. (: <3

You need to be more confident. Money and jobs aren't important in matters of love. She cares for you, and wants to help you succeed. It doesn't seem like she will leave you, but you need to get a better attitude! Perhaps do more things for her, so you feel more 'worthy'... like cook her homemade meals more often, or do some dishes or laundry. Or give her long oral like once a week, only her; she will find it really hot if you give her oral, from start to finish, without trying to have sex or orgasm yourself. Don't ask for anything after either, she will probably do something for you very soon, but if you ask for something in return, it will counteract your selfless giving.

When something good comes along in life, you accept it and be grateful. You don't ask wy ortry to throw it away because you don't feel worthy, you cherish it and hold to it and enjoy it. That is what this girl is doing for you- her love is that "something good". She is your miracle. Fact is, she thinks you are worthy, so you are. Be worthy and you won't have to question it anymore.

With your drpression, a lot of this will be hard to internalize, but take it one day at a time, smile because she smiles, love because she loves and focus on making/keeping her happy rather than wonder why she's even there. You have a good thing. Accept it.

I'm concerned that you're leaning quite heavily on this girl. This is a lot of pressure to be putting on her. Are you getting professional help for your depression? You should be.
    Spammer Spanker