+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why won't they just stop?

Why won't they just stop?

Okay so I just saw Rambo...no I'm not talkin first blood I'm talking the Rambo they just did like a few years ago...I know I'm a little slow to respond...but I just saw it.

Its awful Stallone did the same thing to Rocky...and this isn't the only one...they keep letting the old guys come back and embarrass themselves and just take away from great franchises.

Remember Indiana Jones they just did? It wasn't awful but it was not even close to how awesome the original three were.

I think the only reason Schwarzenegger wasn't in Terminator 4 was because he is the governor of Cali now....plus it was probably cheaper to cgi him in....but seriously before he became governor there were several movies he was in and you just had to wonder at what point will this guy stop?...he is like 60.

Clint Eastwood is about the only one that has figured it out...Gran Torino was a great movie...if you haven't seen it then watch it...Although there are rumors that he is doing another Dirty Harry movie which will just be sad as well.

I don't know, maybe its because I grew up on these movies franchises and they were kick ass guys I thought were awesome and to now see them all hunched over trying to still be kick ass is just sad.

It's for the $$$....
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sequels almost always suck. i never even bother to watch them.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yup. The only good sequel out there is Shreck II.
    Spammer Spanker

They should have stopped at First Blood. The others were bad.
    Try something new.

How do you feel about the Rolling Stones.
    Spammer Spanker

I love the Rolling Stones...thats a random question...how do you feel about cheese?

Dude, they're ancient and, in my opinion, haven't put out anything really good since the 80's. Talk about people who should just stop.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Yup. The only good sequel out there is Shreck II.
    And Jaws 2!

Just cause they haven't put out anything good since the 80s doesn't mean they should stop...music is different then movies...I only like some of their songs to begin with, even some that are hits are not my favorite....whereas the movies in the great franchises are limited and when you have one great one and then one bad one it just seems so disappointing....not to mention it doesn't take 2-3 hours to listen to a song and waste your time...its only a few minutes.

I guess I just see it differently...I also love Led Zeppelin but I hate Stairway to Heaven which is maybe their most famous song...even people who don't know who is preforming has heard the song....but that doesn't stop me from jammin The Ocean.

What I don't get with musicians is like Steven Tyler goin to rehab for pain killer addiction and all that falling off stage...the guy is a grandpa....he is just to old for it.

Empire Strikes back was a good sequel...yea I'm that kinda nerd....I've never been to a convention and I don't own action figures and I've had sex....so I'm only like a half star wars nerd.

Okay, I'll give you that. I think Empire is the best of the original three, and I also agree that Stephen Tyler should get a day job.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Empire Strikes back was a good sequel...yea I'm that kinda nerd....I've never been to a convention and I don't own action figures and I've had sex....so I'm only like a half star wars nerd.
    You think that's bad?

I've had lengthy discussions about the parallels between star wars and real world politics and history.

^^^so have I...my degrees are in ancient history and classic cultures...Lucas basically put Roman history in space and gave them light sabers....its also part of the reason I like them so much.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    ^^^so have I...my degrees are in ancient history and classic cultures...Lucas basically put Roman history in space and gave them light sabers....its also part of the reason I like them so much.
    A select Star Wars game even goes as far as to describe the means that political leaders can sway the masses. Blurring the lines of light side/dark side. It was a fantastic game in terms of story and dialogue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast