+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to be more patient

how to be more patient

aka. How do you be more patient with being single when you want a girlfriend, but you just can't find the right one right now, or the one you want isn't interested in you?

I just want a companion. I realize that I'm young, but we all need love at some point. I do have friends that I hang out with, play and sometimes party. At the end of the day though, I still feel somewhat empty and sad because I want someone next to me. Right now, I'm not in the mood to date anyone. I just need to find the patience to chill and a way to be happy to be single... if that makes any sense.

I don't understand how you're not in the mood to date someone and yet you want a companion.

Get a dog?
    Spammer Spanker

I try not to think of it.

I keep myself busy not to think about it 24/7

The only things that bother me are valentines day and couples that kiss madly in public.

Remind yourself that this sort of attitude is going to ruin any potential relationship that might fall into your lap. Needy is not attractive
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I think about how fun it would be to go out and get some quick and easy companionship for a number of weeks/months worth of new relationship romance.

Then I visualize the inevitable break up...

a. Knowing she wasn't a long term prospect but went with the flow until either she or I (or both) couldn't stand one another anymore.
    b. The feeling of desperation at throwing a life away with someone who is bound to become pregnant one day, change priorities, and keep you on a leash you didn't ask for nor wanted (with that person) Also the mental anguish flowing down the 18 year long pipeline of despair and real loneliness.
    c. Watching some fellow family members and friends do the same and walk away damaged goods.
    d. Admitting that she thinks living outdoors is feral and she conveniently overlooks all of the blatant signals that I'd never be content sitting in a box as she's collecting colour coded crap with my credit card while she surfs online boutique shops and Ebay in her favourite dry rotted sweat pants and festering slippers.
    e. The prospect of driving to her parents home every weekend while peering out the window and gazing lovingly at cows making love in the paddocks and thinking, "I hope I'm rewarded for all of this and I come back as a free spirited cow in a plentiful field of magic mushrooms for the next life".

That usually cheers me up and I go to the pub for a few beers and some laughs.

I'm in the predicament where I wanted a new girlfriend since the last one dumped me and had me replaced shortly after. I felt like it was what I needed to appeal to the girl I still loved (proving to her I can handle a relationship) and to have somebody to be with. When it feels forced, it can certainly ruin any potential that you had in the first place. The best part is just not caring and it's funny how things work out and blind side you. Yes, patience is one. But not being too worried about it and focusing on having a good time more than trying to bring home somebody is the most important. You are going to need to ramp up your efforts of hanging with your friends MORE, and putting yourself in situations where you meet new people from school, sports teams, and so on and then meet people they know and so on. Hang in there, you'll find your way.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.