+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help me out pleeease

help me out pleeease

I am 19 (EDIT: 18. just read a similar post where person was 19 and I didn't realize I typed the same.) years old and have never even kissed a girl I liked. I had no self confidence in high school due to my appearance and lack of experience. I didn't know anything about how to talk to a girl or how attraction for females works. I had a crush on what I thought was my dream girl, turns out she's had a childhood crush on my best friend and I was in the friend zone. After high school I gained a lot of confidence and lost about 50 pounds.

I started taking in a lot of material on how attraction works, anything I could find on how to read body language, being cocky and funny, etc. So I think I could now easily get a girl I am attracted to.

My problem is there are absolutely no women in my college, and it's a tech school so there is no campus life, thus no parties. It's also very hard to approach women because I have a few insecurities that affect my confidence immensely as of late. I think my head is too big, complimented with a round baby face that is just starting to get the facial hair of a 11th grader. I have little eyes that look even smaller under this appearance, and I have to wear glasses. I also have a small gap in my two front teeth that I think is a big turn off. Other than that I think overall I'm pretty handsome, and have gotten this from several girls.

I have some buddies I go to college parties with occasionally, but all the girls are intimidating because they're older and can easily hook up with guys who don't look like little kids. I'm confident that I could get a girl I already know to like me, but I don't know any women! Plus I think my standards are too high in girls. I don't need a super model or anything, but most of the girls I find just attractive enough seem to have 20 guys around that are healthier, better looking, and have more money than me.

I have a friend that's severely overweight that got an attractive girlfriend that he's had sex with before I've even kissed a girl. I just don't know what to do.

What can I do to get rid of my insecurities so I am more able to meet women who I can be confident around?
    Last edited by OhSuzy; 30-03-10 at 07:56 PM.

you are very much lacking confidence still. You need to stop worrying. And stop caring so much!

I like you was very shy around new girls I met. I think I look fine, but I was always a little shy. All my GF's were actually just random people I met. When I wasn't looking for them.

But back to the point. You have to be more confident and not be so judgemental of yourself. People of all looks can find BF's/GF's. Just be yourself, and whenever you see a girl you want to talk to, talk to her. Don't have crazy expectations that every girl you want to talk to you need to date! Just be open to talking to lots of people and lots of girls, talk to any girl you meet! I'm sure over time, when talking to one of them you will think something like, "wow, she is great, and she seems to like me too!"... and then from there perhaps you two will start dating.

You are only 19... That is kind of old to have never even kissed a girl, but don't fret. I didn't have sex until I was 1 month away from being 20, and many people are even older than that. Sex isn't something you should rush into, save it for a special girl.

Yeah, don't be so hard on yourself. With the pressures of everybody around you and what you think you should be doing combined with your negative image of yourself, you are just setting yourself up for disaster. If you are out there looking for a girlfriend, chances are you are trying too hard and not being yourself. All you have to really do is just be you. So maybe you are a nerd or a little overweight, so what? Joke about yourself a bit if you can. Or just don't talk about yourself in a negative light at all. Don't worry about finding a girl to be your girlfriend, just talk to any person that you meet, be friendly, smile alot and relax! You may not know what to do with your lack of experience but just take things slow and feel them out, chances are you will know when it's the right time.

Don't jump the gun at all, just take things slow and don't look for it. You'd be surprised what can happen. And don't compare yourself to other people. Living up to the expectations that you think they set for you is not healthy because EVERYONE is different.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

thanks guys, helped a lot