+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Describe your perfect "Lady"

@ raverboy: -shaking my head-
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

... and by "beer" we know he means "wiener". I hate to think of what would happen if anyone dared lay a hand on raver's beer.
    Spammer Spanker

I hope this doesn't change the topic too much...but I get weirded out by people who get WAY too hung up on gender roles. As mentioned above, people in general should be kind, considerate, strong, classy and honest. Those are characteristics of both gentlemen and ladies.

I have no problem whatsoever cooking dinner for my man, or taking care of him when he is sick. However, I would do this for anyone I cared about. As it happens, I am a pretty good cook so I tend to do most of the cooking in my relationships. I don't know much about car repair, so the guys I have dated have tended to help me out with that kind of thing. If the roles were reversed though, I would happily fix a dudes car while he made me a sandwich.

I dated one guy who was really hung up on gender issues. He would always make "jokes" about me getting him a beer, performing sexual favors, or cooking for him. Meanwhile, he was never willing to step up and do anything to help me out. As a matter of fact, he was so out of shape, I even had to help him open jars and lift heavy objects. I think his insistence that I fulfill the "woman" role in the relationship stemmed from his insecurity about his masculinity.

Once I figured out I was doing all the "work" in relationship, I dropped him.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnn View Post
    I don't know much about car repair, so the guys I have dated have tended to help me out with that kind of thing. If the roles were reversed though, I would happily fix a dudes car while he made me a sandwich.
    I don't know much about car repair, so I'd cook a sandwich even though I suck at cooking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123