+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this an overreaction? What do you think?

Is this an overreaction? What do you think?

So here's the basics. Ex is dating a guy, ex wants to be with me, ex was supposed to break up with boyfriend to be with me. I had my 21st bday a couple nights ago so I went to the bars with a couple friends. Ex wouldn't respond to me while I was texting her so I got mad and asked one of her friends on a date (note that I was blackout drunk and don't remember this). I woke up the next morning, saw what I sent and apologized to the girl I asked to coffee who is a friend of the ex. The ex then finds out today, right before she was supposed to break up with her bf and BAM.

She has completely cut me out of her line of communication. Won't speak to me at all. Won't respond to texts. She didn't break up with the ex. In fact, she screwed him.

Now I just want to know, does it seem like an overreaction to you guys? And how exactly should I approach this? Keep in mind that despite my best efforts, I was single on my birthday so it wasn't as though I was cheating.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is a simple answer to your situation. Just get over the girl. you clearly see she's a cunt playing games on you and her poor current bf. How can you even want to be with... AN EX , that is PLANNING to dump her boyfriend to be with you. Why can't she just dump him. Why is she with him at all if she wants to be with you? Wy are you exes a all? Exactly. You ae exes for a reason, so now sit down, remind yourself why you two broke up and maybe you'll see the answer that will tell you to screw her and move on. Seriously, you should have moved on long time ago, at least after you two broke up.
    I wazzzz here

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh well you screwed up it doesn't matter a bit if you remember or not. What is done is done it cannot be undone. Leave her alone. BTW it wasn't an overreation on her part. But it is stupid to be dating a guy you'd like to dump but don't dump because he asked your friend out. But that doesn't matter she wants nothing to do with you.

Seems like the both of you need to grow up and stop playing games while using other people in the meantime, its not called overreacting, its called karma.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

If she was going to break up with her boyfriend for you, the time to do it would have been two minutes after she made that decision, not after your birthday and after blowing you off.

Ditch the bitch. You have nothing to apologize for.
    Spammer Spanker

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    She's a bitch. But you are a dick for asking her friend out, drunk or not. Both of you need to grow up and it's obvious why you two aren't together
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

LOL@ the comments.....WOW, some straight talking going on, but some people need the wake up call.....

She likely had no intention of ditching her bf for you at all. People who truly want out of a relationship, don't just talk about it, they do it.

You were a free agent, so I don't see that you did anything wrong.You gave her time to leave him and she had not left him up until that point you arranged the date with someone else. Hypocritical of her to expect your faithfulness, while she is in a relationship herself with someone else and totally selfish.