+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic log out

Automatic log out

I had several posts erased when I first joined because I was logged out after a short time. I compose my posts carefully and try to make spelling and grammatical corrections before posting. I now try to highlight and copy all text before previewing a post that I am about to make so that it isn't erased, but it seems that this could be avoided by simply making the automatic timeout/log out longer. Perhaps if someone is idle for 30 minutes it will log out automatically. It takes time to read everyone's posts sometimes and takes time to compose a well thought out post. There were a few posts that never made it to the thread because I had spent so much time rearranging sentences and doing other edits only to have the entire thing deleted when I tried to post it or preview it. Can this be changed?
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

i don't seem to have this problem. i think it might be a setting on your computer...
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I've always had that problem. If I'm in the middle of a long post, I'll copy it, refresh the screen and paste it rather than lose it.
    Spammer Spanker

I only have this problem on this site, nowhere else.

If there is a way to correct this without spending money it should be done.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my posts are perfectly fine. maybe you're closing out your pages before they have had a chance to fully upload.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i never had that problem, but then i never did write novels here
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Closing pages isn't what I'm doing. I create a post, proof read it, and then try to preview it to look for errors that I missed. It takes a few minutes and if I have a long post I usually get a message saying that I am no longer logged in when I try to preview it or post it. Once I see that message the post is erased unless I highlighted and copied it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Closing pages isn't what I'm doing. I create a post, proof read it, and then try to preview it to look for errors that I missed. It takes a few minutes and if I have a long post I usually get a message saying that I am no longer logged in when I try to preview it or post it. Once I see that message the post is erased unless I highlighted and copied it first.
    Do you have cookies enabled?

Yes. Third party cookies that do not have a compact privacy policyare blocked, third party cookies that can be used to contact me without my consent are blocked, and first party cookies that can be used to contact me without my consent are restricted. That shouldn't affect the timeout of a logon session on this site though. I only have this problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Yes. Third party cookies that do not have a compact privacy policyare blocked, third party cookies that can be used to contact me without my consent are blocked, and first party cookies that can be used to contact me without my consent are restricted. That shouldn't affect the timeout of a logon session on this site though. I only have this problem here.
    Maybe it's blocking the cookies from this site and the session expires too quickly.. loveadmin ought to know better what it could be.

Did you check on the box 'Remember me' to keep the cookie 'alive'?
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well... stop writing novels then, or simply just open another window and log back into the system.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    For me I had this problem but I noticed the box is hidden by the way the site bar above is for me in firefox it was over the check box and I just happen to spot it when logging back in, and no issues since then

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    I will definetly try that. I didn't before because checking the box on other sites simply makes your name always appear in the "name" field so that you don't have to retype it the next time you visit. Hopefully that will be the end of this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    well... stop writing novels then, or simply just open another window and log back into the system.

Well its not always an issue of the length of my posts. Sometimes I simply end up doing a bunch of editing. I try to proofread and make corrections before posting. As far as the window is concerned that is what I do now anyway. I keep one tab on the main window on LF and click the links from my email inbox to view/comment on new posts.

raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast