+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word duplication in posts

Word duplication in posts

I have seen in almost every thread a post that read "and then I went to her her house". For some reason the last word typed on the first line of some posts is duplicated as the first word on the second line. It makes it look like an error, but if you try to edit it only one word is shown. Can this be fixed?
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

I've never seen that.
    Spammer Spanker

I'll find a thread and the post number and post it here so that you can see it for see it yourself.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/34971-do-looks-really-matter.html[/url] Post #3 (first line, last word "if")

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/40472-wife-another-man-fantasy-please-help-2.html[/url] Post #16 (first line, last word "you")

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/40467-whats-best-way-me-ask-out-girl-who.html[/url] Post #5 (fixed?)

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/ask-male-forum/40341-do-you-guys-mean-when-you-say-i-love-you-gal.html[/url] Post #5 (fixed ?)

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/40467-whats-best-way-me-ask-out-girl-who.html[/url] Post#1 (first line, last word "jokes")

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/40451-been-broken-up-1-year-havent-talked-6-months-saw-her-tonight-what-do.html[/url] Post #1 (first line, last word "been")

There are plenty more, but that is probably enough. If you need more I can find them.
    Last edited by Incognito; 02-04-10 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Additions

Thats happened to me at least twice now too. He's right, if you go in to edit out the duplicate word it doesn't appear in the text as duplicate. Its like a ghost word.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Amazing! I was going back to see how many characters were one the line where the original word was and some of the posts that I listed have now fixed themselves?!?!? In addition to that queenofcoronna's post (above) reads : "if you go in to edit out the duplicate word it it doesn't appear". This was not here a few minutes ago.................Now it seems to be gone again.
    Last edited by Incognito; 03-04-10 at 03:33 AM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I checked those threads and I see anything of what you're talking about. Maybe you have prolem with your browser?
    I wazzzz here

Don't know, but I'm not the only one who noticed it. It seems to change as more people post. My suggestion is to look at the threads that have high post counts, but it has happened in some of the smaller threads. It is always the last word on the first line that is copied/duplicated as the first word on the line below it. Just look through the threads and I guarantee that you'll find what I'm talking about. I use internet explorer and have Windows Vista. I suspect that many others do too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I'm on this forum over 2 years and I saw many problems on this website but this . Even checking pages on XP,Vista and 7 or Mac OS.Also with many browsers. I suggest that is a problem of your computer or something...
    I wazzzz here

If I'm not the only one who has noticed this it is not a problem with my computer. I think that you and many others haven't noticed it because it is overlooked as a simple typo. Perhaps it is a browser problem, but I highly doubt it. I have never seen this happen ever before on any other site.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I tell you I checked all those threads you gave and didn't have that problem plus I never see it on my own. If you have that problem , it means others can have it as well ;but not everybody. Look at it this way.
    Plus, When I open the threads, the posts I see don't end with the words you say. So every computer is different... I checked it now from two different comps,with different OS and different browsers and neither of them show this problem.
    I wazzzz here

Please read post 6 here. It seems to be an intermittent problem. Forget the threads that I posted above because the problem probably doesn't exist there anymore. All I ask is that you look at a bunch of threads and compare the last word on the first line and the first word on the second line of various posts. I found the most occurrences in the 'Love Advice' forum if I remember correctly. It took me about five minutes of looking to find 4-5 posts with the problem.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now I'm annoyed with you.
    I checked 3 random threads from Love Advice forum, each with 3 or 4 pages and my eyes hurt from looking for a problem that doesn't exist . I say, fix your computer and then start to complain. I tell you, it's not LF's fault that you see duplicated words... Jesus
    I wazzzz here

There is no need to get upset. I wasn't demanding that you take action, I just assumed that you were as interested in solving this problem as I am. I didn't expect for you to begrudgingly read threads until your eyes hurt. I think I should mention though that I went through a lot more than just three threads when I made the list. It took me around 10 minutes to find 5-6 examples, and I probably skimmed through 20 or more threads. I will also say this politely one last time.......If I have never had this problem on any other site on any other computer (and still don't) then the chances of a hardware problem on my end that causes word errors only on this site, only at the end of the first line/start of the second line, only in posts, and is seemingly random and changing is astronomically small (if not totally improbable all together). So please refrain from brushing this off as "my" problem until such is proven. Perhaps loveadmin can weigh in here.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Listen, if it would be LF's problem, it would occur for everybody. That's clear. And till now there are 2 people who saw this... It must be something with your settings,browser or whatever. Do you understand me? It's logic that if a website has problems, it will show problems to all people who visit the page and not just 2 or whatever.
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast