+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does this mean? how can i tell him im sorry

what does this mean? how can i tell him im sorry

Ok i few months ago i posted about if i was an idiot for accepting a date with a guy because he was a year younger. We hadnt spoken since our last exchange back a few months ago, until recently i saw him again.

that night i sent him a message saying "remember me " and a little more. I hinted towards a date, and how i dont view him like some child, and he responded with

"Look i just dont see this working out, and i would wish if we just go our separate ways. I dont hate you, or anything like that. And maybe im not being very "manly" but you made me feel very lame when you told me you view me that way. Ive moved on, and i think so should you. I just dont see a friendship working out because of the destruction weve had, and i dont see anything more than that working out because i feel as soon as i do one thing you dont like, you will immediately label it as me being immature or something. I dont hate you, i dont wish ill, i just feel this wont work out"

Peace and Love

thoughts? I found out that maybe the reason why hes taking this so weirdly and why he was so shy is because his girlfriend of 2 years cheated on him with a college professor while he was at home bedridden with two broken knees.

I don't know. He sounds sensitive yet sensible. He's looking out for himself which I can appreciate. Not every guy just asks out any random girl, he's obviously one of those guys. It was pretty fickle of you before. If you are100% sure you are interested in him (which I think you are if you have posted about this twice now, that or you just want to get your digs in again just to prove that you could "get" him again) then maybe tell him, "I can't get you off my mind. I know I was pretty foolish before and I regret that a lot. For what its worth, I'm sorry and am would like to take you out to dinner/drinks/whatever sometime, my treat."
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 03-04-10 at 10:39 AM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

ftm is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    My God. What the hell IS it with chicks and their college professors?

I agree with QueenofCorona. But only goo that route if you are REALLY interested, and not because you feel guilty over how you handled things earlier. If you aren't genuinely feeling like you need to know how things would turn out with this guy, then it's best to leave it alone.

Man, I was in his position once before in my life, and I wish I'd had the guts to stand up like he did. Looks like he's more mature than you might have given him credit for.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ftm View Post
    My God. What the hell IS it with chicks and their college professors?
    Smart men are hot!

I remember your post from a few months back, becks. I think you shot yourself in the foot with this guy... he sounds like a very smart guy, and I like him more every time you post about something he said. This was a big mistake on your part; live and learn so you don't repeat it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Move on girl!!!! Seem he does not like you. Be strong and do not contact him anymore. What will be let it be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give me advise on one of my post under my name singh "Dose she like me,love me,playing hard to get or a big tease????????"

maybe in a few years you might meet up again. Honestly it sounds more like hes into things that you arent. I was once in a similar situation (girl didnt want to go out because i was a year younger, like its embarrassing to her or something). No offense but i get the vibe that you enjoy hanging out at bars till 2am finding some tattooed cigarette smoker because you think that is manly.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do him a favor and leave him alone. He polietly asked for it so respectfully abide by it.

Was it just one date? I guess I missed the part about destruction and how it all went to doodoo. It couldn't of been THAT bad, could it? Did you emasculate him and just make fun of him the whole time or what? Details!

How'd he lose both of his knees? That must be a steep gambling debt?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Try psychology....looks like it'll be better give me space rather than continue to push. This may seem counterintuitive, but you'll just need to tell him that you agree that for now that's the best for both of you. Agreed to that & hint that maybe at later date both of you can be friends...this will ensure there's an opening - possibility for future "communication".

Certain things in life takes time - relationship is one of them.
    Good Luck!