+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair loss

Hair loss

I'm 23, my hair started thinning out when I was like 20...I didn't really get to concerned about it cause dad had lost most of his hair by 30 so I was pretty much expecting it.

All of a sudden though my hair has started coming back in...I mean it was never really gone but my forehead did seem to keep getting higher.

Why would this happen? Has anybody ever heard of hair coming back in? I suppose I have changed my diet some I am eating better over like the past 2 months but hormonally there has been no changes.

I do wear a hat almost all the time...I have since I was like 15...I love hats...I have about 70 different hats....the lady that cuts my hair is always telling me its bad for my hair but I haven't stopped wearing them cause like I said with dad being bald for the most part by 30 it was pretty much expected.

So whats the deal? Is there a cause for this? I mean I'm not complainin...my gf seems to like it...I told her not to get used to it though.

Maybe you've cut down on the masturbation.

j/k

Anyway, yes, you should stop with the hats. You might be able to hold onto what hair you have for a lot longer if you stop.

As far as the new growth goes, I have no idea. I think it's a good idea to just accept that you're going to lose it eventually and focus on your face. If you have a nice face, the hair loss won't matter too much to most women. Some will be ridiculous about it, just like some guys would never date someone without gigantic breasts. Don't let women like that make you feel bad about it. My husband is totally losing his hair and I can't get enough of him.
    Spammer Spanker

Oh it doesn't really bother me...I mean not to be conceited but I am a good lookin guy....ok I'm a little conceited....but I'm not vain so the hair loss doesn't bother me.

I'm really not to concerned about the loss as much as I'm just curious as to why it would all of a sudden start coming back in.

How can you tell you are loosing hair?

Receding hairline is noticeable after a while...my forehead kept getting larger.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Receding hairline is noticeable after a while...my forehead kept getting larger.
    But that's after a while.. I mean, you don't notice things like a lot of hair in your bed or stuff like that? I find a hair in my bed every night or so, and I'm beginning to get paranoid about that too...

Well I mean shedding is normal...everybody does that...when you brush your hair and about a handful comes out...maybe you should get concerned...thats where I was but like I said all of a sudden its coming back in...which looks really weird cause its all kinda short while everything around it is longer.

My hair is worn just below my ear I comb it straight back, its wavy and I generally wear a hat...which is why I just comb it straight back.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    But that's after a while.. I mean, you don't notice things like a lot of hair in your bed or stuff like that? I find a hair in my bed every night or so, and I'm beginning to get paranoid about that too...
    I've heard somewhere that everybody loses about 200 hair a day. Don't be so paranoid.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I've heard somewhere that everybody loses about 200 hair a day. Don't be so paranoid.
    Well, it seems it's not that bad, but I'll still keep an eye on this thread just in case..

Significant hair loss can be triggered by hormonal changes too. One year in high school I contracted Mono and had a severe allergic reaction, and later that year we noticed I was loosing a lot of hair all the time. I would go swimming and people would find my hair in the pool... Talk about embarrassing. My mom and I realized that it happened because my body had undergone a large amount of stress in a short period of time. She had me start taking supplements and eating enough fruit and drinking plenty of water. Eventually the shedding slowed down and my hair began to fill in again. You could see how much thinner my hair was (my hair is rather thick naturally and the strands are thick), but eventually it grew out again.

I continue to take fish oil supplements and a consistent diet of fruits and lots of water helps keep my hair naturally soft and healthy. And I don't use a ton of product either.

@ robot it isn't like there is much you can do if it happens...just roll with it...well I mean there isn't much you can do unless it starts growin back....maybe my bedroom is to close to the power transformer on the pole outside my house.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Significant hair loss can be triggered by hormonal changes too. One year in high school I contracted Mono and had a severe allergic reaction, and later that year we noticed I was loosing a lot of hair all the time. I would go swimming and people would find my hair in the pool... Talk about embarrassing. My mom and I realized that it happened because my body had undergone a large amount of stress in a short period of time. She had me start taking supplements and eating enough fruit and drinking plenty of water. Eventually the shedding slowed down and my hair began to fill in again. You could see how much thinner my hair was (my hair is rather thick naturally and the strands are thick), but eventually it grew out again.

I continue to take fish oil supplements and a consistent diet of fruits and lots of water helps keep my hair naturally soft and healthy. And I don't use a ton of product either.
    Thats about the only thing I can think that has changed...I already drank plenty of water...I don't drink coffee or tea and I usually only have 1-2 sodas a day...I do drink some alcohol but not usually a whole lot...probably 10-12 drinks a week.

But I have backed off the meat and carbs and eating more fruits and vegtables...my dad was just diagnosed with onset diabetes @ 54 so I figure I'd better watch what I eat...I mean he is a lot heavier than me but still if I start now I should be better off later on.

So diet is all I can attribute to the new growth.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    @ robot it isn't like there is much you can do if it happens...just roll with it...well I mean there isn't much you can do unless it starts growin back....maybe my bedroom is to close to the power transformer on the pole outside my house.
    Maybe if you figure out what makes it grow back I could use it if I ever need it

And you could also make yourself rich with the secret

I wear a hat all the time to and I am noticing my hair receding on the edges of my forehead area. The logical solution is to just cover up the receding hair.

I'm doomed.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Just shave your head if it becomes too much of a problem for you.

Don't be a comb-over fellow... all or nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast