+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would it freak you out?

Would it freak you out?

Here's another “High School Flame” question… Same ol’ story here; dated Jr & Sr year, head over heels, went to different colleges, lost contact and haven’t spoken since. While dating her I developed quite a bond with her family, they were very kind and welcoming, especially her mom, but that was over 20 years ago… I’m now married with family, life is good and certainly don’t want to change that, but I do think of her from time to time (not in a stalker kind of way) and wonder how she’s doing. I recently heard of her moms passing and was thinking of writing her to express condolences and say hi. My question is; would that totally freak you out? or am I making a big deal out of nothing?
    Last edited by skibum; 06-04-10 at 11:28 AM.

If you guys had the connection you say you did then I don't see why she'd be freaked out to hear from you. It could be a nice gesture so long as the gesture is purely for the sake of giving condolences and getting in touch with an old friend. I don't mean to come off as distrustful towards you, but I see too many people hop on this forum to get advice on how to end their cheating relationships because they just had to find out if that old flame was still there. So, keep it clean and stick to the basics. Couldn't hurt to let your wife in on this venture either.

If i were the ex, I would read it as interest in rekindling an old flame. If I were your wife I'd go apeshit. Think twice before opening this can of worms.
    Spammer Spanker

My wife knows and I'm not interested in rekindling. I was just wondering how it might appear to her... Anyways, thanks for the input.
    Last edited by skibum; 06-04-10 at 11:53 AM.