+ Follow This Topic

Thread: meeting for the first time? what would you do?

meeting for the first time? what would you do?

[shortened version at bottom]
    A couple weeks ago my buddies and I had been drinking and my laptop was out so I decided to go on facebook. I saw this girl I've always thought was cute and interesting on so in my drunken state I started up a chat. This is the first time I talked to her, and was calling her honey in a funny manner, and in general just being sort of cocky and funny. She was responding surprisingly well considering we've never met in person. She's still a junior in high school, and I'm a freshman in college, so I think the older guy image was on my side. Anyways I had her typing hahahas in front of pretty much everything and just having fun with it, so said something along the lines of "It's a little late for me to be letting girls hit on me on facebook, so do you want to give me your cell phone number or is your home more comfortable?" She immediately gave me her cell no questions asked. I texted her a few nights later and she didn't seem creeped out even though my opener was "hey honey, what's poppin?" I of course did it in a funny way, so she knew I was just having fun. Since we've had a couple conversations over text but they were just playful and kind of flirty.

now I really want to meet up with her for romantic intentions, but I don't want to creep her out by asking if she wants to go somewhere with me too soon. And I also don't want to have too many chats before meeting cause that can potentially land you in the friend zone. Now I think I'm in a good position since she's the artsy type like myself, and if she wasn't interested she wouldn't respond to me blatantly hitting on her (if you could call it that).

So what would you guys do? Response from the female perspective is also appreciated.

[flirted with a girl I've never met before on facebook a couple weeks ago. she's 2 years younger, and has thus far responded well to my confident and funny conversations. We have texted only a couple times, but I would like to meet up. Is it too soon?]
    Last edited by OhSuzy; 06-04-10 at 06:17 AM.

Actually, what I can give you is from the mom perspective. I think she's too young for you. If she were my daughter, I'd have a conniption fit if I found out she was giving her cell number out to randoms on Facebook and I'd ground her.

Just so you know what you might be up against.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Call her a few times and just talk. You know like how they do in highschool. Have a few hour long chats THEN ask her out. During those chats one of you must have said "oh, I've always wanted to go there, do that or see that" that is the invitation to ask her if she'd like to join you one day.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Excellent point giga.

well as for her being too young, I'm pretty sure she's 17, only a year younger than me. Sure she's in high school, and ok I'm sure her mother wouldn't approve of her just giving me her number, but I like to think I'm a respectful guy who has made a good impression on other girls' parents. I will take that into consideration though, thanks.

Never thought about striking up a phone call conversation, probably cause I haven't done that since like middle school. I only call up friends to make quick plans or if they don't respond to a text right away. I don't want to call her looking into it as being an hour long conversation, that would put too much pressure on me I think. B

But next friday a few bands are playing a show, mine included. It says on the event page that she will be attending. I think I might call THIS friday and ask how her vacation is doing, take the conversation from there, and say she should go to the show. Then I could approach her and formally meet, that way I don't seem desperate when I ask her out. This now seems to me like what I should definitely do, but I also really don't want to end up in the friend zone somehow by talking/texting too much before I have a chance to see her in person.
    Last edited by OhSuzy; 06-04-10 at 09:11 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just so you know phone calls like that little girls in high school like.