+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Leona Lewis

Leona Lewis

How big is she over in the states?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Never heard of her.

eona Louise Lewis (born 3 April 1985) is an English pop and R&B singer–songwriter. Lewis rose to fame in 2006 as the winner of the third series of the British television series The X Factor.

Lewis has become a multi-platinum selling artist and three time Grammy Award nominee. She was proclaimed 'Top New Artist' by Billboard magazine in 2008. Lewis has released two albums to date, Spirit and Echo, in 2007 and 2009 respectively. Spirit became the fastest-selling debut album and the biggest seller of 2007 in both the United Kingdom and Ireland, and made Lewis the first British solo artist to top the Billboard 200 with a debut album. It has sold over 6.5 million copies worldwide.[1]

Lewis's debut single "A Moment Like This" became the fastest selling UK single after being downloaded over 50,000 times within thirty minutes of its release. Her second single, "Bleeding Love", reached number one positions in over thirty singles charts around the world. In November 2008 she set a record in the UK for the fastest selling download-only release with her cover version of the Snow Patrol song "Run" which sold 69,244 copies in two days. In November 2009, the first set of dates for her 2010 debut world tour were announced.
    Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leona_Lewis

hmm.. i don't know her too..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

She's known but not known terribly well.

I like a few of her songs (mostly the singles Happy, Run, and Bleeding Love) and I think she's GORGEOUS, but I've listened to both of her albums and I'm not crazy about the majority of the song writing. Kinda bland.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think that she only released one album. however, she did do the soundtrack for FF13. she's alright... not really popular, but the FF game will definitely boost her career.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

She released two albums: Spirit (2008) and Echo (2009)

[url=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=leona+lewis&x=0&y=0]Amazon.com: leona lewis[/url]

Both albums have great singles but the rest of the songs are mediocre. She's got a really great voice and she's talented. She just needs better song writers.

Only Leona Lewis song popular in the U.S. was "Bleeding Love." So people haven't heard that name in over a year.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control