+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Only been with one girl...

Only been with one girl...

Hey there people! Just wanted get your opinion on something.

I'm currently with my first girlfreind and because of school (year 12) we don't get to see each other as much as I would like. While discussing this with her, she raised a point with me and I'm not sure what to think...

She has said that if I go to uni, there will be other girls I could out with, and how I was to know if she was the right one, since I've only ever been with one girl...

I'm not too sure what to think; is it normal for your first relationship to end up as a failure? Does it *have* to fail? Is it right to only have been with one person? What are your take on these questions?

Thanks in advance!

-wired
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

First relationships have a high rate of... what's the word for it.... dunno, making room for second, third, so on and so forth relationships.

Having said that, there are people out there who stick to one another like glue and are happy. I know a few young couples like this, and some couples decades on who started out the same.

Ask her the question back.

If you're both still keen, keep doing what you're doing and don't let others come between you.

I'm sure that wants she wants to stay with me; and so do I. I'm glad I'm not just the odd couple out here

but is it, in a way, a bad thing to have had only one girlfriend?
    I believe that the relationship we have is a very mature one, such as we can talk sexual things easily, we look past each others looks and whatnot...
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredbomb0 View Post
    Hey there people! Just wanted get your opinion on something.

I'm currently with my first girlfreind and because of school (year 12) we don't get to see each other as much as I would like. While discussing this with her, she raised a point with me and I'm not sure what to think...

She has said that if I go to uni, there will be other girls I could out with, and how I was to know if she was the right one, since I've only ever been with one girl...

I'm not too sure what to think; is it normal for your first relationship to end up as a failure? Does it *have* to fail? Is it right to only have been with one person? What are your take on these questions?

Thanks in advance!

-wired
    I think that's quite weird.
    I'm currently in year 11 and am going to ask my first girl out when i'm in year 12 (don't ask about why)
    Sorry it's just i read this and saw myself in the near future!
    "Don’t say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy like believe it."

I forgot,
    There's no reason why you can't be with your first girlfriend for the rest of your life.
    I'm hoping that will happen to me.
    You just need to show her you're serious.
    "Don’t say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy like believe it."

Don't get too serious on us, mate. You're both year 12, no?

Get out there and rage on... have fun together...and apart... keep growing.

There's no future for either of you, together or apart, if you both allow the relationship to dictate all aspects of your budding lives.

And don't look past one another... have a look at the talent around you...then look at each other and "woohoo wink wink" because you love what you got better than what might be offered to either of you on a platter from time to time.

Youth is fleeting... enjoy it.

Wait a minute... you are 12 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Wait a minute... you are 12 years old?
    in year 12 of school
    16 years old

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not a bad thing however it's very, very common for 1 or both of you to want to experience what else is out there. And it is true since you have only had one partner you don't know what is out there. Now if you think for sure 100% positive that nothing better could ever even possibly exisist and both of you share that point of view you might be very happy together forever. However, this is an exception to the general rule that likely one or both of you at some point will want to go have a look for yourself and see.