+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why lie small, big, pointless and hurtful

why lie small, big, pointless and hurtful

why do we tolerate someone lying to us!!
    i would be here all day listing the lies
    why the lies come about i have no idea

I am now to the point where I have taken it time and time again and now guess what I am the one that has depression now and I am the one that is a pain in the arse to live with I am the one that has to go to counselling! Take anti depressants because I have let some idiot wreck my head with cheating lying dishonesty betrayal over and over again.

I dont get why he does it - oh sorry apparently because he cant tell me anything because I would go mad however not once not frigging once in 2 years does he sit me down and have an open and honest conversation.

Partly this is my fault after 6 months of being together he goes on holiday a holiday which he asked me to go on but couldnt due to work commitments he took his girlfriend!!!! As in other girlfriend he had told me that he had finished with so I should have known better at that point but maybe because I feel so shit about myself that I think I will never meet anyone else

Please tell me I am not the only fool around here putting up with this and how the hell do you get out of these relationships where the person seems to have some ridiculous hold over you you cant escape?!

He is only wrecking your head, because you allow him too.

He gets away with his dishonesty and cheating, because you allow him too.

When you opt to remain in a relationship with someone like this, you are giving your approval that it is fine for him to treat this way.

No further comment.

Yes I do!

Yes he does get away with it every time.

Why do I bother

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Yes I do!

Why do I bother
    Well you do have what is known as a 'choice'. A choice to be in it, or a 'choice' to get out.

Things won't change, unless you grow a backbone and refuse to take his crap anymore.

I don't tolerate lying and I don't lie. Makes things so much more simple.
    Spammer Spanker

As much as he is to blame, you are as equally responsible as you put up with his behaviour time and time again. Repeat with me "I am only treated like s**t because I let you" - work on your self-esteem girl, believe you deserve better, it's the only way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People lie because it is demanded of them. You can't get a job without lying, you can't sell a product without lying and you sure as hell can't get laid consistently without lying.

I'd be the most honest man on Earth if it didn't mean my complete and utter ruination. Don't blame the liar, blame the society.
    Last edited by Gribble; 10-04-10 at 06:43 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Yes I do!

Why do I bother
    Because you can't envision yourself with someone better.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I stayed witha compulsive liar for a long time. He messed with my head, made me feel like i was the reason he lied and it was all my fault. Of course it wasnt all my fault, but i did realise that i was a part of the problem- i was allowing him to get away with lying over and over and over again. It was a viscious circle of deceit and forgiveness. Sadly for me, i only realised just how stupid i had been by staying with him after we split up for other reasons.

You need someone better. People dont just suddenly change and stop the lying. You will just resent him more and more as time(and lies) go on.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    People lie because it is demanded of them. You can't get a job without lying, you can't sell a product without lying and you sure as hell can't get laid consistently without lying.

I'd be the most honest man on Earth if it didn't mean my complete and utter ruination. Don't blame the liar, blame the society.
    Gribble would make a very good politician.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin