+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to show a girl who has been hurt many times before that u are genuine unlike the

How to show a girl who has been hurt many times before that u are genuine unlike the

I have fallen in love with a girl who I met in an online game and we really get on great but she fell in love before with a guy who betrayed her after telling her he loves her and she is the one etc.I told her my feelings recently and she was shocked at first but she says she is still healing from what has happened to her.She said she has been hurt by all the other boyfriends she has had and she has a hard time trusting people now.How do I convince her im genuine,she said she needs time and anything can happen.I said i can be there as a friend but we both know that we dont see each other like that cus my feelings are out.She is really nice sometimes but sometimes she gets very emotional when we talk about love and friendship.She said to me she dosn't see the difference between me and the other guy she fell in love with because we both say the same things but I am not him and I really want to have something with her.She is from a country that isn't so wealthy and kinda dangerous and I really wanted to go meet her but she is afraid i'll be dissappointed and will feel differently.I have her on facebook and talk to her on skype so I know a lot about her.I just wanna know how I can make her see that I am not like the others and I will never betray her.this is dominating my life right now.I got lots of other things on my plate but this is all I'm thinking about.

Please ladies if ye got any ideas or advice tell me cus I really want to show her happiness cus she deserves it,she is such a nice person.

Speaking from my real life experiences, (I've had more than my fair share of dsappointment with the opposite sex). I find it hard to trust and when you hear men churn out the same old line 'I am not the same as the others'....I'm thinking 'Yawwnnn, here we go again'....

I hate it when men try to convince me, that they are not the same as other men and to me it feels like the guy is trying to force himself on me. Best laugh is, I've had men try to force themselves on me bleating out over and over they are not the same and without even knowing how I felt about them? To be honest, I'm wary of men who 'protesteth to much'.......

She is simply being cautious and because she's been hurt very recently.....nothing wrong in cautious. You can't just expect someone to trust you and more so, if you met that someone online and you have NEVER met in real life. People earn trust and trust takes time and you will only earn her trust over time and when you have proven to her to be, different from all other guys.
    She will be judge, of whether you are different from the other guys in her life....not you!

Can I also point out that sometimes it's a bad move to start declaring feelings for a female, who is recently out of a relationship also.
    After being recently hurt, the last thing she will be wanting is to jump in with another guy......particularly if she still has feelings for the ex.

Sorry my bad. Disregard.
    Last edited by Disillusioned; 10-04-10 at 04:55 AM.
    Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My god, what have we done to you?

It is rather intense for an online 'relationship' - take it down a notch or three! If some bloke I barely knew started declaring his undying love for me I'd be well and truly freaked out, like dude you don't even know me! First step would be to jump out of the virtual world and meet her in the real world. And take it easy, keep it cool and casual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

That girl sounds a bit like me and you sound a bit like my ex (a few years ago, that is). I was hurting from another guy, and my ex also "declared" his love for me rather early on in our friendship. But at that point I was too confused and hurt that I couldn't return his feelings, but he continued to be my friend and simply being himself and he "earned" my trust and love in the long run. He didn't have to prove it by saying the same old lines that girls often hear ("but i'm not the same as him... i would neverrrrr do that to you"...). So for now I think that you should slow it down and not come on too strong and simply be a friend to her. Maybe she will feel the same for you one day, and if she doesn't you will find someone else who will .

i definitely agree with jas_mine. you should tone it down a bit. keep talking to her and see where it goes. give her time to heal and when she is ready, she will let you know. be patient. patient is a virtue and the best things come when u are patient enough

Put your shining armor back on and gallop away on your white horse.

Then she will realize.

Consistency and time is the only thing that will work. Be patient.
    Spammer Spanker