+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can someone help me post my pic?

can someone help me post my pic?

im having a problem uploading my pic it gives me this message not acceptable format 2004bmp help someone

The error is telling you that the bmp format is not used. So basically you have to save your picture as a JPG or GIF file and then upload the picture.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

zip the image then upload the zip. the format your image is in is not accepted by this server. to zip it right click the file and you will see an option "send to" inside that menu you will see "compressed (zip) folder" or something like that.. try it see if it works

u wanna do it for me billy cuz i dont know how to do allthis computer shit!!!!

how do i change it to jpg or gip ?

open the image in MSPaint or some other image editor. Then click File. Then click Save As. Then for the file type choose jpg, jpeg, or gif (whatever it says for the application you're using).

And I would love to do it for you blue, but sadly I am not there to help you. Its not all that hard, really. Just follow the steps one at a time and you'll figure it out.

Just open your pic in whatever program you always open it with..or if all you do is double click on it and it opens and you don't even know what it uses to open with, just do that. If you're running XP it will probably open in some preview program and there is a little icon at the bottom that will let you "open using Microsoft Photo Editor".

Once it's open in some program where you have options on top like "File", and "Edit" and such....go under "File" and as Billy said, select "Save As" and once it pops up the next window look for the "type" bar where you will have a pull down and you can select "jpg" or whatever.

Try that...if we can't get it..we'll keep trying, don't you worry..

Freddie

ok i found my microsof photo editor

now open your pics there and follow the steps where I say to choose the "File" then "Save As"..and so forth..

Freddie

I'm sorry if this sounds rude or anything, dont take it the wrong way, i'm just really seriously curious... Is a computer THAT hard to understand ? Cause for me it has always come natural to me...

It comes with experience, Bill..obviously you've been around them a long time, but with me, I remember they used to intimidate me when I didn't understand the concept all that well. You're afraid to **** it up so you stick to what you know. It's not until your comfort level increases with them that you start to really pick up confidence and can learn more and more. I can be sympathetic to those who aren't confident with them yet.

Freddie

but it wont let me change it from bmp to jpg wtf!!!!!!

Computers are hard to mess up tho. Thats the funny thing. ESPECIALLY if you dont know what you're doing. Its not like if you push the wrong button you are gonna format a hard drive. The computer wont do anything unless you tell it to do it. That includes it messing up alot most of the time. To mess it up, you have to give it a command, and if you dont know commands, then you're most likely to not mess it up.

I dont see why people are so scared of them. I hate it when my dad is on the computer because he has to read EVERY SINGLE error or confirmation box that windows displays. He will delete something and have to stop everything to read "Are you sure you want to delete the file *** yes or no." He will then AFTER reading it, turn to me and ask me if he wants to delete it. I simply reply "why did you hit the delte button ?" Then it goes to the recycle bin and he will then empty it, BUT FIRST he will read the confirmation "Are you sure you want to empty the recycle bin ?" He then turns to me again...........

You're not going to break it. I promise. And if you DO break it (which will happen, but rarely), it is not that hard to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    but it wont let me change it from bmp to jpg wtf!!!!!!
    Microsoft Image Editor only has .tif and .bmp if I am not mistaken..

Thats why I said open the image in MSPaint. MSPaint I know has .bmp and .jpg in the Windows XP.

oh shit i did it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast