+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need birth control DESPERATLY, but depression gets in the way???

need birth control DESPERATLY, but depression gets in the way???

okay, so i guess i have this problem with depression... i was diagnosed with some kind of depression in 2007 but i forgot what it was... im not sure if the doctors are wrong or not but now im finding out that i might have aspergers. i need to go on birth control ASAP but every single pill that ive tried, ive gotten horrible depression and panic attacks on them and just found it to not be worth it. but now since im having sex, and my periods have ALWAYS been irregular, im stressed out like half the time because i keep thinking im getting pregnant...

even if i wasnt having sex i still need a pill... cuz i never know when my periods coming and i just want to be regular.
    im thinking about trying a progestin only pill but im not sure which one to use? im also considering the implanon birth control but im scared of suffering from no sex drive and depression.
    can anyone give me advice please?

My gf has mirena...it apparently doesn't jack with you hormones...it does have to be put in by your dr and she had bleeding for about a month with it but the bleeding has stopped.

[url=http://www.mirena-us.com/index.jsp?WT.mc_id=MIS119493&WT.srch=1]Home Page[/url]

Condoms don't make it for you?

condoms dont work for me cuz everytime we use it it kinda burns and it feels so uncomfortable... i know it sounds selfish but i think it gives me a rash or sumthin

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Condoms don't make it for you?
    Plus condoms aren't end all be all...you can still get a woman pregnant wearing one.

Not to get to personal but you may not be getting wet enough...you may want to try a water based lube...you are using the ones that already have some lube right?...if not that might stop the burning feeling.

Of course it could be something on the condom...depending on what type you use...perhaps you have an allergy to something in the spermicide if you use those kind...or maybe your allergic to the material...they come in a variety of materials now....you could try changing them up some and see if that doesn't help first...and make sure there is enough lubrication.
    Last edited by dewilliams2; 10-04-10 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_soul1 View Post
    condoms dont work for me cuz everytime we use it it kinda burns and it feels so uncomfortable... i know it sounds selfish but i think it gives me a rash or sumthin
    Some people are "allergic" to the polyurethane, I think there's some special condoms for those made with other material.

THe contraceptive pill will certainly help your periods become more regular, so that's one issue down.

You say the pills you have taken have given you panic attacks and depression, how do you know they were the causal factor? Your emotions may have nothing to do with the pills at all, or not completely to do with them. There coud be other factors.

A dr could recommend a pill for you, there are so many in the market that I have no idea what would suit you best. I started using Diane, and then went to cheaper alternatives, and have had no problem with them.

It seems to me your depression and stress over pregnancy are all connected, but finding the perfect pill might not even be the perfect solution for all this. I'd say focus on each of these issues, there could be more to it than simply side effects of taking the wrong pill.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleFreak View Post
    THe contraceptive pill will certainly help your periods become more regular, so that's one issue down.

You say the pills you have taken have given you panic attacks and depression, how do you know they were the causal factor? Your emotions may have nothing to do with the pills at all, or not completely to do with them. There coud be other factors.

A dr could recommend a pill for you, there are so many in the market that I have no idea what would suit you best. I started using Diane, and then went to cheaper alternatives, and have had no problem with them.

It seems to me your depression and stress over pregnancy are all connected, but finding the perfect pill might not even be the perfect solution for all this. I'd say focus on each of these issues, there could be more to it than simply side effects of taking the wrong pill.

Hope this helps.
    She said she struggles with depression without the pill and the pills that she has tried have caused her depression to get worse. Birth control will effect you hormones which can also effect your mental health...thats why my gf went with Mirena.

I see. I misread the question.

u all have great advice... and ill try checking out if im allergic to condoms and try ones that wont irritate me...
    ive read alot about merina, and it seems good because no one has said anything about depression, but ive also heard it lowers sex drive.
    dewilliams not to get too personal or anything but does ur girlfriend have any problems with sex drive?
    i think another reason why im kinda scared to use merina is cuz it stays in there for a long time...
    and im scared if i get a bad side effect from it ill have to go through pain to get it out cuz i heard theyre pretty painful.

has no one heard of the mini pill?

I say a lot of times I don't want to ask anything to personal just so I don't offend anybody but honestly anything can be asked of me...I'm not shy.

Well sex drive hasn't changed although we weren't having sex because she was bleeding quite a bit for about a month....but she was still really horny.

Having it put in pretty much ruined her day...she said she just felt sort of sick to her stomach and she said initially it felt similar to having a contraction.

She also experienced symptoms right after and even now that made her think she was actually pregnant again which scared her....like she felt butterflies in her stomach she said felt simliar to what its like when a baby kicks...plus she was freaked out cause she had been to a psychic that said she would have a boy this year and she had a dream she was going to have a boy and she believes in all of that astrology and tarot cards and all that crap.

However it should also be pointed out that she had a pretty high sex drive to begin with...I mean I think she could probably go 7-9 times a day if I could keep up.

I have not heard of the mini pill...as I said though before you focus on medications or mirena you definitely want to consider the allergies.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look into a diaphragm if an IUD worries you... they used to not even put them in women who hadn't given birth (IUDs). I'm not sure if that is still the case.

But really - the pill tends to stabilize your hormones, so I would expect your depression to be better. Also, it would help with your menstrual irregularity.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some hormones do make depression deeper.I had it with depo.
    Go to your doc and ask him to prescribe you pills that usually don't have side effect of depression. I had those and it's really fine. I can tell you name but since it's german company... I give you chemical description:
    0,150 mg Desogestrel
    0,020 mg Ethinylestradiol

He gave me those after I told him that I might have depression because of depo.I've changed from depo to this and it works good to me
    I wazzzz here

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Plus condoms aren't end all be all...you can still get a woman pregnant wearing one.
    Its still possible to get pregnant when taking BC too.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    You can, but it is still the most efficient anti conceptive...

You can even get pregnant with an IUD, that's how I was born...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast