+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A short little thing....

A short little thing....

Well I wasn't sure where to post this, and I figured this would be as good a place as any... For those of you who don't know, or don't remember, I have been in a long distance relationship since January of this year with a great guy. I love him to death, but the distance has really been an obstacle... It's hard to cope with sometimes. Recently I started working, which left us little time to even chat online. We were both feeling pretty crappy about it... He was so down that he didn't even want to talk to me... It just made him sad! So I decided that we needed some real time together. I promised him that I would be with him for New Years, which THRILLED him!

But after I made that promise, I started to think... If I go to see him, he'll be taking a week off work to be with me. A week off work- for which he doesn't get paid- to sit around his house. It just didn't seem right to me that he should be losing money for THAT! So I thought some more... He hasn't met MY family... Maybe he could fly out here for a week instead! But then I'D be taking a week off work to hang around MY house, which would also be losing money. What could I do? How could I solve this dilemma? What could we do that would let him meet my family, but would be worth our time and money?

The answer came to me two nights after I made the promise, and after a few days of trying to figure out of it was even POSSIBLE, I gave him a call.

"Aaron, I have a question for you... you know how I promised to be with you for New Years?"

"...uh-oh... yeah?"

"Well how would you feel if the plans changed?"

"That depends... what would I be agreeing to?"

"6 days and nights at Disneyland... all expenses paid..."

"... nuh-uh... NUH-UH! Are you kidding me?! This had better not be a belated April Fools joke! Are you joking? You're serious?!"

LOL! Needless to say he liked the idea! So in 96 days (on December 29th)Aaron will fly to Portland for the first time and spend that night and the next day with my family. They are so thrilled to meet him... I think they're as anxious as I am for him to get here! Then on the morning of the 31st, we'll fly to California so we can have our first New Year's kiss in "the happiest place on earth" (he's never been there, either)! I'm really excited for the trip! But I'm more excited to be able to do something so special for him! He hasn't had a REAL vacation since... I'm not even sure if he's EVER had one! And we're both very excited for him to meet my family!

I will update this later when there's more to say! But for now... I have to wait! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PAgirl7
    ... For those of you who don't know, or don't remember, I have been in a long distance relationship since January of this year with a great guy. I love him to death, but the distance has really been an obstacle...
    I'm in the same situation. I live an 1 hour and 15 mins. away which is about 75 miles. Its tough but if you love someone, you'll do anything to conquer obstacles no matter what it is.

What could I do? How could I solve this dilemma? What could we do that would let him meet my family, but would be worth our time and money?
    Seeing your love one and being with him/her is more worth than anything in this world! Its a great feeling.

How often do you see him?