+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

I met this girl who is my friend's sister's friend and i thought she was cute with a nice smile, she seems very nice. The 4 of us (my friend, his sister and her friend and some others) were out somewhere which was the first time I'd seen her. We were all talking a little, the usual and i smiled at her when we made eye contact, she was smiling aswell. Since this which was earlier this week, i've talked to her on the internet, just the general stuff for quite a while and she is nice. Here is the problem i am 16 and she is 14. Is this a problem? Her birthday is around september and mine is around december time so it is actually less than a 2 year gap. I live around 30 minutes drive from her and we go to different schools, although the schools are pretty close together. So it's not like i will see her often (if at all) unless i or she says something, which could be weird because i hardly know her? I also know her brother a little aswell.

Any help? Should I say something? I'm just thinking she might be freaked out as i hardly know her. Should i say something to my friend and see what he thinks? But then he might tell his sister who will tell her? She may not even be interested (most likely, hopefully not though), but i'd like to get to know her and see.
    Last edited by lapeufbrwu; 11-04-10 at 04:58 AM.

Anyone please? I haven't been able to stop thinking about it at all for the past few days I'm not hardly hungry, lost motivation to do basically anything (Including work which I have lots of), and have had butterflies/nervous? feelings in my stomach constantly. The funny thing is when i am talking to her online or something i don't feel like this. Is it weird that i am like this over someone i have met once and spoke to online a bit and first met less than a week ago? Never felt like this before, i've also never really had a relationship. I want her to know i feel like this but without me saying it, kind of thing?
    Last edited by lapeufbrwu; 11-04-10 at 05:04 AM.

Don't rush it. You are talking to her online. You're getting to know each other. Butterflies are normal. You want her to like you so of course you're going to be nervous. Its only been a week. Just spend some time talking to her online and see where the relationship goes.

What kind of relationship do you expect at such a young age anyway? You guys might hit it off, and even fall "in love". You'll be tempted to have sex, and probably would if unsupervised....then what? You will probably not concentrate on school when you are so crazy in love. You probably will fight and do stupid things together. It's part of growing up...yes. My point is...don't take it so seriously right now. You guys are way too young. The probability of you two ever having anything solid is close to zero. So why sweat it?

A normal relationship, where i can call her, go out places together, talk for hours, the usual. I've never had sex and i don't feel like i'm in any rush and i am sure she definitely isn't and i wouldn't even consider it until she was 100% sure she was ready (this goes for anyone). If anything, i think it would help with school. It would be time where i can forget about it, relax and feel comfortable, removing the lonely feeling i sometimes get. Why would we fight and do stupid things? We are both well educated and i think mature for our age, her more so. I understand your point of us being young, but i haven't felt like this towards anyone before even though i hardly know her.

If i ask her questions about herself, hobbies ect do you think she might get an idea? are there any questions i could ask her or say that could hint but not in a weird way? Thank you for your opinions.

I've been thinking about just saying things like "by the way, you have a beautiful smile" - or would this be a bad move and maybe scare her, especially since it would have to be online? I think that would give her a fairy good indication, but she might just think i am a total weirdo then?

You are too focussed on the age thing - ah, to be young again and think that a two year gap is a hu-uge deal! Seriously though, most teenage girls prefer a boy a couple of years older so stop stressing dude!

Yeah, you can compliment her, compliments always go down well, or you could just pluck up the courage and ask her out - just casually ask whether she fancies hanging out sometime, to grab a bite to eat or catch a movie - simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

I'm over the age thing, its less than a 2 year gap, although you do grow up in that time. I've talked to her everyday, some longer than others, since we met just about general things, her day ect. She is really friendly with me, uses smiley face, laughs and sometimes an x on the end, mainly the last couple of days, when saying bye. The thing is i think she only looks at me as a friend, talk to online blah blah and that's it. I know when i was 14, if i was talking to a girl online (from school or met once before), i would never have thought anything, even if they were hinting or something. Are girls different to this? I was, and still am for that matter, kind of hoping one of her friends would give me a hint or something. Oh, also she once took quite a while to respond with a fairly long message and said sorry someone kept coming in the room so she had to minimize it? There wasn't anything out of the norm on it, so this kind of confused me.

I keep telling myself i'm going to ask her if she wants to hang out one day, but when actually talking to her, i'm no where near close to doing that. The most i've probably lasted without her popping into my head is around 10 minutes.

About the compliments, wouldn't it be weird if just out of the blue i said, online bearing in mind, you have a beautiful smile or something? I mean fair enough if we went out somewhere then i told her but just randomly? Thanks

I wasn't allowed to date at 14. It's possible she isn't either, and therefore you don't have a chance anyway. The minimizing of her response because someone was in the room tells me this might be the case.
    Spammer Spanker

^^ Me neither.

At 18 I even had my dad following me around, ensuring no guys were sniffing around....lmfao

I don't think they are like that, but if she leaves without saying bye, does this mean she isn't really interested in me? Sometimes its fantastic, we talk lots and say bye, goodnight and stuff. Sometimes if we are both doing some work or something but still a little chat, she will just randomly go? :/ I feel ill right now, i just want to let it out, but i don't think she sees me as anything more than an ok guy who i talk to online.

EDIT: I also don't think i have the courage to tell her and maybe ask her out sometime. Its killing me inside. I think it might be because i know her brother and one of my best friends knows her through his sister quite well.
    Last edited by lapeufbrwu; 16-04-10 at 03:59 AM.

I really don't know if she likes me or not. I've talked to her online everyday since we met, some small, sometimes over 1-2 hours. Yesterday she said she needed to learn this song and told me the name. Lets just say that if she said what was said in the song i would be over the moon. She also asked me if i'd heard it? Is she trying to hint at something or just being her normal innocent friendly self?

I'm going to have to tell her at some point, or else i will always be asking questions. If she says no, at least i will know. I think its the fear of rejection, and not because i have been rejected, but more because people will find out? I think it's that anyway, i'm not totally sure.

Any response to above?