+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being friends w/ EX BOYFRIEND

Being friends w/ EX BOYFRIEND

Me and my ex have broken up since November and we haven't talked since he broke it off with me. To make the story short we started talking again on February because we ended up having the same class. He asked me to go see a movie with him, he initiated the whole*conversation. We been hanging out alot after that, we made out once, and he told me he still has feelings for me but he can't trust me because of the past. He says he thinks that I'm always lying to him.
    Ever since he asked me to see the movie, after that its always been me who initiates the hang out. I always text, he always replies. I call and he answers. When he says he'll call he does keep to his words and calls. When I stop texting for couple of days and he doesn't hear from me, he will actually text me himself. When I'm having a bad time and I need him, he's there. There was a time when I texted him asking if he could come out and he actually did because*I needed someone and was having a bad day, and he had a pretty long day he didn't really want to come out but he did anyways... He took me out, bought me a drink and was there listening to my problems and giving the best advice he could.
    We agreed on being friends but he does get jealous when I talk to other guys.. he's always asking if I'm going out or who will I be with.
    Is this really just a friendship from his part ? or could there be something more? Why won't he ever initiate anything anymore?
    How could I develop it into something more? or should I stop doing all the texting and calling?

It seems like he's interested but you need to earn his trust first as he appears to be extremely wary. He obviously still cares and has an extremely soft spot for you. The only problem here is that you don't want to wait around for something that may never happen - it's natural to miss somebody after the relationships ends, you don't want to end up getting your hopes high when all that he's really doing is keeping you around because he misses you yet at arm's length because he doesn't want to get involved.

I personally think friendship is impossible so soon after a relationship ends if one or both parties are still interested and keen - it just doesn't work, you end up dabbling with each other and not knowing exactly where you stand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

I'm thinking he cares for you, hence why he is always there for you. But just because he cares, doesn't mean he wants you back on a full time basis.

I noticed how it's always you initiating these texts and calls and so I'm wondering that if you didn't initiate, would he? At the minute, it seems that you are the one who is keeping this 'friendship' going......not him.

Being friends with an ex is IMPOSSIBLE.....and I say that from experience and because I'm in that same situation and have been for a year! Yep, I'm a dumbo that has continued to stick around hoping that things will change, but they havn't.

There is always one who is wanting back in the relationship and if that is not what the other one wants, then resentment will start to set in on the part of the one who wants back in.....
    This happened with me and it led to me and him arguing and fighting, my refusing to take his calls, texts, my deliberatley starting arguments....it's been a constant battle. I'd very likely have been long gone, but he's always the initiator....not me. I would NEVER call him. But it's all my fault that this continues and because I give in every time. I'm too soft with him and he knows it.

I think that rather than piss around, give it another month and if nothing changes.....wave bye bye to him.

If you can be friends, thats fine. I am on good terms with all my ex girlfriends. But to try and re-kindle something that failed, well personally I think its just asking for trouble.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis