+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Your S.O. Ever Feel Unappreciated?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    why are you all moving back? i don't think i could blame her for thinking about other things.
    Because New Orleans f*cking sucks. Don't even get me started.

And if there were "petty fights", I would have mentioned them.
    Last edited by Junket; 15-04-10 at 06:31 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she is considering moving away from the people she knows and loves to a place where she will be all alone except for you, I can see why she needs extra reassurance. If you want her to go with you, you'd better give her what she needs.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I dunno, Fras, she seems to be confusing this feeling of being underappreciated with general doubts about the relationship. They're two separate things, but I don't think she's seeing them this way. In which case, there's not much you can do to make her feel more appreciated until she gets rid of the doubt.

What would worry me more is her desire to live alone when you move to Philly. I don't really know what to say about that, but when you add relationship doubts to it, it doesn't seem like a good sign.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If she is considering moving away from the people she knows and loves to a place where she will be all alone except for you, I can see why she needs extra reassurance. If you want her to go with you, you'd better give her what she needs.
    I f*cking moved to New Orleans when I didn't know anyone but her.

She doesn't love New Orleans, but her pit stop back to Texas might be dangerous. I know her family is trying to guilt her into staying there, they always have. They tried that shit on me too, only I have no guilt to spare.

Fras, you are not responsible for how she feels about herself. She needs to own up to her own insecurities. I know you want to do right by her and inject your own brand of confidence into the situation in order to help smooth things out, but she's not learning anything. She's not evolving in anyway. Granted, in order to do that, she may have to be without you. As difficult of a pill that is to swallow, it's the only way I learned how to stand on my own. I feel that I am a much more confident and capable person who can add her own 100% to a relationship now that I've got my own head on straight.

I never shoulder my boyfriend with my own personal issues like she is doing to you. It is unfair to expect that you are going to pull the entire emotional weight of this relationship. Like you said, despite her increase in happiness (a fleeting thing. she'll need another dose sooner than you think.), it left you drained. Relationships don't have to end in burn out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12