+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girls/guys a little help?

girls/guys a little help?

alright girls/guys, heres my little problem, me and my girlfriend we get along great in real life. practically no arguments, plenty of "together time", plenty to talk about etc etc you get the point, but on the internet its another story. say msn for example. here would be a typical convo.

me: heey babe wats up?
    girl: hi baby nm you?
    me: eeh just finishing up some hw.

and the convo pretty much ends there .
    so im wondering how this is possible that we wont stop talkin in real life and on the phone, but on msn its like we hardly know each other
    if im being boring then what should i talk about?

thanks in advance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Some people just aren't into IM. Nothing really weird about that, in my view. I hate the phone. I'll spend all day chatting with someone, but get me on the phone and all I want to do is get off it. To each his own =)

Personally I'd avoid any type of communication where it gets awkward. As long as you guys have open communication through in person or via phone, I don't see a problem.

Yah I pretty much agree with sehvral, she probably just isn't into IM. And me too, I hate talking on the phone but on MSN I can talk for ages about anything. You know what would spice up your MSN convos? Send her some dirty pics of yourself lol

eehh no thanks?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Quote Originally Posted by DatAznBoy View Post
    eehh no thanks?
    :O

no wai

I don't see what the worry is and if you get along fine in real life.

I was the same with the guy in my situation. We'd talk non stop on the phone and in real life, yet hardly any convo on chat programmes or by text.

I loathe cold forms of communication, other than if it's with someone I don't know. With someone I know, I like to feel closer, which is why I prefer telephone or real life communication.

heh that's interesting. Nothing to worry about, though, I don't think. Not unless it really bugs you.

I for one like talking over the net. I have lots and lots of practice at it from my long distance ex which all the regulars here have had to endure . I have never had a serious relationship discussion (aka "fight") outside of a messaging app of some sort. (yeah, i'm weird)
    At the moment I'm seeing someone who's more used to real-world talk, and I do notice it when we chat. Not quite as taciturn as your chats, but still, to him it doesn't feel like he's really talking to me.
    and that's ok. As everyone else here has chimed in.. each to their own. The important thing is that you both have a compatible form of communicating that works.