+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinking Too Much?

Well, he's taking some steps now to get better. I told him I posted the issue on a forum and I actually read this thread to him since I couldn't seem to convince him of his problem by myself, and I think that it started to get to him (especially the comments telling me to leave him), so thanks everyone. Although he did say "maybe you should just go find someone else," and I thought about it, but I asked if he really wanted to be single and he said "not really," and that he loves me so much and I'm the only girl he wants and everything. I mean, now that he's taking these steps I will see how things go for the next few weeks/months. I do love him, which is why I don't want to leave just yet, but I told him if he keeps throwing out comments like "I don't care about/love myself" (to which I responded how can you love me if you don't love yourself?) then it won't work. But since he has started taking these steps as well as eating healthier and trying to get back into shape, I see that he does care about himself. So as I said, we'll see!

When men get together it is usually to go for a drink, yes. Least in this part of the world it is, Britain and I guess that is why we are Europes capital of 'binge' drinkers.
    Disgusting I think and because I don't drink myself and it's a bad reflection on those of us who don't in this country.

My ex husband enjoyed a drink and had four beers every night without fail while watching tv. He would go out with the guys at weekends to visit the clubs.
    When I moaned about it he would say 'You knew what you were getting when you met me and I won't change'......

So I'd suggest that if you don't like the situation, remove yourself from it and because he won't change. Not unless HE wants too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12