+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to work up the courage???

How to work up the courage???

Heya all

This is kind a weird in asking anybody and everybody to help but here goes.....

I met this girl about 2 months ago at a function that i went to with some friends and i was introduced to this girl, and i really really like her now...

We've talked briefly a couple of times and i've tried a few of the flirting tricks mentioned on this site, and seem to be getting some positive results.....

Here's the problem: I can do the flirtiing thing but i cannot work up the courage to actually say anything that i want to say.

Someone please help me....i'm kicking myself at the moment because i can't do anything....

Hey, your not the only one with that problem, I have developed a method that has always worked in forcing myself to say/do what ever it is I need to, whether it be asking her out,breaking up with her,or grabbing her hand.
    For asking a girl out, I find the hardest part to be getting the words out of my mouth. I can't tell you how many times I have failed to say what I wanted to say. So what I do is before I have to say goodbye to them for the night I don't force myself to ask them out, because for me (a wuss) that is to hard to get to come out. What I do is I force myself to say something like,"Hey (then there name)?" Then of course they will respond with something like "What", now you have forced yourself to spill your guts out and say what you want to say, no backing out now Its real easy to say it from there, I know many of the pro daters here will probably ridicule me but ya know, they also do not have the same problem with getting words to come out that I do so I say go with what works
    Hope I helped if not then you only wasted a couple minutes of your life reading this Good luck

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha that is true. it's a lot easier to get out what you want to say when you there is pressure breathing down your neck. some people put what they want to say off until the very end of the night, then when they are standing outside of the house together, it never comes out. if this is you, then i'm suggesting that you don't wait until the end of the night. when the moment feels right, or if there is nothing that you have left to talk about, out of no where, say.."i have something to tell you" then the words might not come out easily, but it will come out one way or another. you won't have time to think of a lie, so you're likely get out what you want to say. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Sometimes, it does not work that well.

When you start

Hey (whatever her name might be)

What?

then u start fumbling for the words. And u would look real silly.

some suggest rehearsing

but i find that useless too, because come the real scene, it would seem like there were no rehearsals.

in my opinion, if u are really jelly-like shaky in the legs, and white minded when speaking to someone u have a crush on, sms her on the hp, or send a pm on icq or irc

=)
    Men have 2 heads
    Ladies have 2 lips

Glad you can't "say what you want to say" because I'm guessing its something along the line of "I LOVE YOU!"

Ask her out for lunch sometime and let things progress from there. Keep your ballz in check.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control