+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only guy who hates things like Twilight and Jonas Brothers with a passion?

Am I the only guy who hates things like Twilight and Jonas Brothers with a passion?

Those insanely popular things that you HAVE to hear about even if you're not looking to find out, because they got millions of immature girls' vaginas wet.

If I ever saw, for example, the guy from Avatar I'd probably crack his skull open.

Hating is a strong word, but I think people who like good literature/movies don't like these.

However, as far as I know only teens like these, how old are you? Maybe you should try with older girls?

No, you are not the only guy. My boyfriend has expressed extreme dislike of all things Twilight-related.

When guys express their hatred of Twilight it usually comes in the form of bashing the pale, glittering girly men-vamps of the stories/movies. It's not about the sparkly stuff, or even the vampire abs they have (at least it wasn't before the movie). These tweens are attracted to the dreamy picture of this guy in their heads. He's found the one thing he's wanted in this world: his true love, Bella. He protects her and fights for her. Hell, he watches her sleep. I find that downright creepy, but these young girls haven't yet understood what a healthy, functional relationship is. They have grandiose fantasies of being trapped somewhere, or in some sort of trouble, and then saved by a tall, dark, and handsome man. Because that is exactly what happens in the novels. Bella gets rescued by Edward every other chapter after she's done something incredibly stupid and clumsy.

These young girls are vain and narcissistic. They want a man to fawn over them in the way that Edward devotes himself to Bella. What these girls fail to understand is that Edward's very nature makes him capable of this. He's a vampire with nothing else to do but walk around trying not to feast on the humans that are so delicious to him. Bella gives him a reason to exist (even though his quite abusive at times and even leaves her completely at one point), and the tweenies LOVE that.

I KNOW you didn't just lump Avatar in with Jonas Brothers and Twilight...did you? Really? REALLY???

^^^I thought the same thing...Twilight and Avatar together is just crazy.

But no I don't really care for them either...of course I'm 23 so I think I'm a little to old to really have gotten swept up in the craze of all that crap....buts its always been there.

I guess when I was that age it was the Notebook and Nysnc....there will always be that crap...can't get away from it.

I saw the first Twilight...honestly the story didn't bother me as much as the acting sucked nuts.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

you're not alone

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have an Edward poster above my bed, and listen to the Jonas brothers on my way to work.

There are plenty of girls who do not care for the Twilight stuff, myself included. I can't wait til all this vampire hype goes away. I have zero interest in it.

On the flip side there are plenty of people who don't like what I find interesting. Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one. As long as its a healthy interest and not a bat crap crazy obsession, no harm I guess. Just don't push it on other people, just like anything else in this world. Respect and live and let live.

I am all for adults/kids who are passionate about reading, no matter what sort of books they may be. I don't thats ever a bad thing.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Yeah! Jonas Brothers! Beans and weenies!

Brush your teeth!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I'm not even sure what the Hell Twilight is.

I don't think you can say girls who like twilight are immature and lusting after being treated like Bella. I read the books when they first came out before all the hype of Robert patterson and enjoyed them because they're my kind of thing, as I'm sure did alot of teenage girls.

Never heard of it, lol.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i hate them both with passion. but i do have a poster of Selena Gomez on my wall. the girl is hot.

mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    There are plenty of girls who do not care for the Twilight stuff, myself included. I can't wait til all this vampire hype goes away. I have zero interest in it.

On the flip side there are plenty of people who don't like what I find interesting. Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one. As long as its a healthy interest and not a bat crap crazy obsession, no harm I guess. Just don't push it on other people, just like anything else in this world. Respect and live and let live.

I am all for adults/kids who are passionate about reading, no matter what sort of books they may be. I don't thats ever a bad thing.
    Watch Trueblood....its a lot better and has to do with vampires...I think you'd probably like it....its nothing like Twighlight.

Its kinda romantic but there are plenty of elements that aren't....I watch it with my gf...its one of those shows we can both watch and enjoy.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Oh, ick. Vampire movies. I don't like that trend of apocalyptic films. That's the heart of focus in the film industry these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast