+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did I Cheat?

Man, my gf does so many nice things for me, I can't imagine life without her. I know damn well that my friends won't take care of me when I am sick, they won't cook for me, and they certainly won't rub my feet. I am a lot closer to my gf than any friend or family member. I can tell her very private things and get emotional cover. That's partially why I don't post very much on here anymore. There's the phrase "Behind every man is a great woman" She's always telling me how handsome I am and how much she loves me. It really strokes my ego and makes me feel damn good about myself. And friends aren't always there for you, y'know. Ya woman will always be there for you. If she really loves you, she'll be there.

Yeah, she's pretty too. It makes my eyes water sometimes. But she is the best friend I ever had and the closest person to me. If you already have all that, sure, what's the point of having a girlfriend. Methinks however that you just won't allow yourself that.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You assume I want those things. I'm a loner through and through. Maybe that's why relationships don't work for me. I do not want anyone invested in me but me. Gribble Incorporated is not a public entity. There's no stock to purchase, no CEO and no board of investors. Gribco: privately owned and operated since 1983.

So I must alter my response slightly. She has nothing more than looks and skills that I want and can't get from a friend.
    You need to find a woman with the skills to bring you to your first IPO, little relationship-virgin.

Well, Grib, this makes me sad for your girlfriend. Unless you have some sort of relaxed arrangement (which it doesn't seem that way if you're worried that you're spooning with a random chick is cheating), your girl is more invested in this than you are. You are lying to her to get something you want. Using her. You have no real intention to stay with her or remain committed and sooner or later you're going to blindside her with a break-up because you're bored. Or whatever excuse you find to be fitting the circumstances.

I hope that one day you meet a woman who knocks you on your ass. She'll be beautiful and intelligent, and she'll want nothing to do with you and your games.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Gribb ,
    I repeat it if you didn't see it in the other thread.
    You're a liar Liar with the big L at the beginning.
    I wazzzz here

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lahnnabell, what's a guy to do if he doesn't want a serious relationship and he isn't willing to sleep with a woman who'd go home with him from the bar or a party? Life would be so much easier if I could find like-minded females who want more than a hookup and less than a mock-up of marriage.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Perhaps you shouldn't get so drunk if you have a tendency to make poor decisions like removing your clothes. And accepting options to cuddle with girls
    This is perfectly acceptable if you're single though. Just had to throw that out there.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    lahnnabell, what's a guy to do if he doesn't want a serious relationship and he isn't willing to sleep with a woman who'd go home with him from the bar or a party? Life would be so much easier if I could find like-minded females who want more than a hookup and less than a mock-up of marriage.
    Two words: Mrs. Robinson. Find a hot, smart woman about eight to ten years older than you. She'd probably not want you to be her boyfriend, but might want to have some fun for a while.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Honestly, I don't think the whole relationship thing will work for you Gribble. You are not a type of person who would feel comfortable with the limitations and boundaries of a relationship. It's interesting to see you giving it a go, but in the end it just doesn't suit you.

I'm still kinda surprised you reffered to the girl as your girlfriend.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah, dude, I see your point. It sucks. In the stories I hear from my guy friends, a lot of them are on the lookout for a woman that wants nothing more than regular sex and the occasional companion. Even when they do find one, it isn't long before the girl/woman is asking for a commitment anyway. I can have sex without the romantic feelings present, but it tends to be very bad sex. I realized this while I was rebounding last year. The connection and emotion is part of what makes sex hot and passionate for me. I can see how this is frustrating for those men that want a sexual relationship and nothing more. One guy grew kind of frustrated because he couldn't get me off that easily. I knew part of it wasn't his fault, but the fact that I had no true romantic feelings for him and my mind checked out after a while. But I definitely can't agree that pretending you're committed to a woman is the way to go.

Ideally, you shouldn't have to settle for commitment if that isn't what you want. This idea of committing to one person feels unnatural even to me at times because of the fact that I find myself attracted to other individual males. Doesn't mean I would act on anything though because I know without a doubt that what I have with my guy is greater than any sloppy one-night stand any day.

I'm a fan of committed relationships because I enjoy the companionship, but still prize my independence. I'm a social butterfly and I love to be around people while my guy tends to prefer more downtime. This is a nice balance because he can trust that I'll go off and play for a bit, and always come home to be with him. Trust plays a huge role in commitment, moreso than I think people realize. I never understood those couples that talked a couple of times a day just to talk. Even I, Ms. Chatterbox, don't have that much to say. To me, a commitment is like an unwritten contract. That is why commitment is such a big topic. You pledge to be together through thick and thin. If you find that you're checking up on your partner, or constantly questioning their motives, or having other trust issues, than their needs to be a reevaluation. But SO many people are content to stay in relationships that have died out of fear of being alone.

@ Cbrider - Haha, if you're single, of course!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234