+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Hey everyone. im 18, started talking to this girl bout 2 months ago....she broke up with her boyfriend for me. Everything was going great, started casually dating... you know she would say how i was amazing, handsome, really one of a kind to her. (Whenever i start hearing that you know i try an put everything into the relationship to make it work). Well i asked her to prom (im a senior)..ya know sang to her and played acoustic guitar...so now everythings perfect. Yesterday i'm at her house were just chillin and shes says to me..."you know i was talking to my parents and they think i shouldn't date you because im not home much during the summer and i don't want to hurt you." <----- Now, ladies tell me i'm wrong when that just sounds like an excuse. Anyways now she wants to just be friends. I'm completely confused on how it went from perfect....to wait now i just want to be friends...SO I DON"T HURT YOU. Idk tell me what you think.

I plan on confronting her next time i see her, most likely tomorrow. This to me just sounds like shes scared of being in a relationship. How can i let her know that its going to be okay, with me? I'd like to make this work, because it just seems like this whole "friends" thing came out of the blue.

Ryan/Coolcob
    Last edited by coolcob; 19-04-10 at 04:51 AM.

Yeah, that sounds like an excuse to me. A really lame one at that. Perhaps another guy came into the picture. You were a rebound of sorts. A nice way to transition out of a relationship she didn't want, and now she's probably over it and wants to move on. Sorry, dude. Lesson learned, right?

She just isn't feeling it anymore and the parents thing is an excuse.

This is nothing unusual and your case isn't unique. Happens all the time in relationships. People will meet, form relationships and they just don't work out for whatever reason and usually because one has lost interest, they are not feeling it anymore, etc....
    People are attracted to one another and fall out of attraction for one another.......that unfortunatley is the way of relationships.

No disrespect to you or your relationship, but you are only 18 and have known her all of 2 months. You can easily move past this, as the majoriity of us have moved past relationships that didn't last 2 seconds.

You may meet a few girls in life that will probably let down, likewise you may let down a lot of girls too and before you meet the One for you. That is how it usually works.

Also agree with lahnnabell...sounds like you may have been a 'rebound'.

I guess that is why you should never get involved with peeps who are fresh outta relationships.

yeah thats true about the two months thing. idk. just seems like theres more to it than whats been said.

Yeah i know ill get over, shit happens as i always say. It just sucks lol.

Any other ideas lemee know!!

Yeah it sucks and most of us have been there/or there are those who will find themselves in this situation. You aint the first and you sure as heck won't be the last.

If it's any consolation though, you will move on to bigger and better fish than she was. She is just a tadpole that swam into your life and for a very small while.

Don't be disheartened, just think of it as part of your life experience

Give it one last shot if you want it, but if she still remains in the same frame of mind, just let her go.

She might realise that she misses you further down the line, but it's best not to sit around waiting of that happening and because it might not.

You are still young, get out there and enjoy your life Good Luck anyway.

Yeah, heh. Always the "im still young thing" but it is true. Damn you teenage emotions!! bahahaha. anyways, thanks for the advice, i know it made me feel better.

I don't know what you plan on learning from confronting her, but if she's giving you some bullshit excuses she isn't going to give you any honest answers. It's tough being the rebound, and I'm sure you learned from this experience that maybe some people should be on their own for a little while before you try to get serious. Sorry you gotta find another prom date on such short notice.

If you don't want to be friends with her, don't buy into this. You sound like you are taking it well but if it hurts you, don't let her come to you whenever she feels like it.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.