+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He loves me but is no longer physically attracted to me anymore...

He loves me but is no longer physically attracted to me anymore...

I've been dating my boyfriend for nearly 2 years now. I have recently moved to another country to be with him, so times have been stressful.
    In the beginning things were incredibly passionate. Everything seemed perfect.
    We still have plans for a future together, he says he loves me and wants to be with me forever. He says he's happy.
    He just no longer looks at me the same way. He doesn't look at me and get turned on anymore.
    I don't know what to do about this.
    He says it's only been about 6 weeks that it's happened, but doesn't know if he'll be able to get these 'feelings' back.
    We're still affectionate with each other, just not having sex.
    What can I do? Is this just a phase he's going through or is it a sign that it's over?
    We both love each other so much and everything else is perfect. We just don't have the passion anymore.
    Advise is greatly appreciated!

Once you've been together for about two years, it often gets to the point where sex isn't enough to carry a relationship. Honestly, as crazy as it sounds, there is a good aspect to this. If everything's perfect, and he tells you he loves you and wants to be with you forever, that's great... it means he's legitimately interested in you and as it's well past the point where passion in itself can carry the relationship, you two really have something that goes beyond that. The solution to sex might be as easy as mixing it up or being spontaneous.. if he doesn't just look at you and get turned on anymore, then figure out something you can do that will work. It may seem really shocking to be going through this, but odds are eventually you're going to reach that same point, and you're still going to love him and want to be with him.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    has your appearance changed? or is it possible that he simply is losing his drive? Because 6 weeks is a long time to not have sex if a willing partner is right there..... I think it's at least possible he is making your appearance the problem, when in fact, it might be diminishing testosterone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

my appearance hasn't changed at all, still look the same as when we first met. I enjoy keeping fit at the gym so it's not like I've stacked a heap of weight on. He reckons he just doesn't get turned on looking at me anymore. I dont know, when you live with someone should you always be turned on looking at your partner? Is it really possible to be that way all the time?
    Not sure there are any issues with testosterone, he's also at the gym a bit and we're both pretty healthy..... Take all the right multi vitamins etc.
    I'm just hoping it's a rut, just not sure if once he's got it in his head that he's 'no longer attracted to me', can he change and things be good again?

I coudn't be with a man who didn't find me physically attractive anymore, in same that I wouldn't be with a man I lost attraction for

believe it or not, sex isn't all that matter in a relation.
    maybe u got fat, and he is not turned on by u anymore.
    Abandon all hope, ye who seek love.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloo View Post
    believe it or not, sex isn't all that matter in a relation.
    maybe u got fat, and he is not turned on by u anymore.
    she just said she still looks the same. Regardless of appearance, couples get bored of each other.
    He should get a physical evaluation to make sure he has no hormonal deficiencies. If all okay, then it's in the mind.
    He could either be tired of the relationship, or he just doesn't love the same way anymore. Hard to say.
    But one thing is for sure, people find each other less attractive after marriage, so if this is happening now, it doesn't look good for your future.
    Take it from someone who was married for 12 years. I'm being realistic here.

The whole situation doesn't make much sense to me. You both sound young and healthy and have only been together for two years. Did something traumatic happen w/in your relationship around 6 wks ago that would make his radically change his feelings about you? 6 wks is a long time for a man to go without sex w/ a willing partner available. Could he be having an affair? I would insist on a serious sit down chat about his feelings or the lack of his feelings.

I'm pretty sure love involves attraction