+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She stopped talking when i told her i like her

She stopped talking when i told her i like her

thrs this frnd of mine whom i really really like - i think abt her 24x7...i have known her since january and after much thinking i told her yesterday on IM that i really liked her - as soon as i said this she stopped replying and logged off...then i sent her an email telling her how i felt and that it would be ok if she doesnt feel the same way - we cud still be friends.

but she did not reply to email and when I logged into IM today she immediately logged off.

what does this mean? is she pissed off becuase i told her that i like her?

Scared, maybe? Scared to either get in a relationship and possibly lose the friendship, or scared to tell you she doesn't feel the same way. Or maybe she just feels awkward. Maybe she needs some time by herself to think about it. There really are many possibilities... just give her a little breathing space for now... maybe try to talk to her in a couple days or a week.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

she is scared and dunno what to do. Cuz when a friend break into something more than a friend, she will feel kinda uneasy, that's y. Give her some time to think about it.

I AM B-A-C-K!!!!!!!! WANNA MAKE OUT?

This is exactly the sort of thing im afraid of happening when i'm gonna tell one of my female friends that i like her in a few days. I reckon she's probably been a bit weirded out by it as she didn't expect you to say that maybe. I think the stopping all chat to you is a bit harsh, i'd know cos it's happened to me when my ex broke up with me. Just give it a few days so she can get her head around it, it'll probably be bit awkward for a while. Probs not what you wanna hear but i do get that slght feeling she doesn't really feel the same way about you im afraid. At most just try to keep the friendship.

hope this helps

In my personal opinion, I think she feels really ackward now.
    The best place to reveal feelings is NOT over IM or e-mail.
    She's probably avoiding you until she feels the situation has passed.. sorry, and I hope I'm wrong and she comes to her senses.. but this is just what I feel
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

Think you may have scared her and she is backing off. You may have to wait and see if she responds back to you.

If not, it may have not had a chance from the beginning!

It means "move on", buddy.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Just tell her to nevermind what you said, lets go back to where you two were and don't mention that again. You took the first step bud, she knows now. Now it's her time to make her move. If she doesn't well just keep being friends with her.

Quote Originally Posted by han
    Just tell her to nevermind what you said, lets go back to where you two were and don't mention that again. You took the first step bud, she knows now. Now it's her time to make her move. If she doesn't well just keep being friends with her.
    Update:

Well..she finally did reply..i did not even bother to ask why she did not reply earlier.

She said she had a crush a couple of years back but it ended in disaster and since then she is no longer interested in such thing as love. She said we cud still be friends if we wanted to..... and i said 'yeah, why not?' but whenever i meet her i still cant think of her as just a friend :-(

shud i remain as friends in the hope that she mite see me in a different light?

Wrong reason,

Remain as frineds because you like her company etc... but don't stick in a time warp. She may change her mind, but then again SHE MAY NOT. Like so many answers stay, try to move on, if she changes her mind you may still feel the same or you may not but you won't have put your life on hold if she doesn't

well, remain friends is a good idea, but if possible, move on. IT's going to b painful waiting for her like that

I AM B-A-C-K!!!!!!!! WANNA MAKE OUT?

Quote Originally Posted by kanzaki
    well, remain friends is a good idea, but if possible, move on. IT's going to b painful waiting for her like that

i just found out from some of her friends that she likes someone else and all those reasons abt previous relationship was all crap.

it is doubly painful becoz we both work at the same place and i run into her atleast once everyday but somehow, the last few times I have managed a smile and a Hi, even when shes been with he other guy.

Maybe if i take a break for a couple of weeks it would help

Dude, I think it's a lost cause. I agree with MVP and say "Move on".