+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies whats your opinion on foreskin?

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Fras and Dopp are you Christians (or were) ? Cause I have never heard that circumcision was made from religious reasons in Christian circle. I thought just Jews and Muslims do that. Well I wouldn't do it to my child unless he would be dying of some infection or something but this is not much possible. Why just not educate about keeping it all clean? It's like we would erase all teeth and use denture 'just because it's easier to keep it clean'...Or we would all shave our heads 'just because it's easier to keep it clean'... Freaking bullshit. We don't extract teeth from little children even tho if they don't keep it clean, they can get big infection and die ( yes it's possible ) , or we don't shave our heads if we don't keep it clean even tho we can get several diseases or have lice... People,why such drastic moves? And religion ? So what? If they would tell you to stick a broom deep into your ass and keep it for 7 days,would you do it ? People....
    I'm still not exactly sure why I was circumcised, because like you, I thought only Jews and Muslims practiced it. Yes, my family is Lutheran Christian. At one point (early 20th century) 95% of baby boys in the USA were circumcised. It actually dropped down to 60% since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    Tiay had spoken.. but she's her own worst enemy apparently. I cannot resist research. You're right, it's not all about the moist folds which was my rather primitive layperson logic, the protective effect of circumcision is mostly accounted for by "hiv target cells" in the foreskin? I totally just skimmed the page I found that on but I think that's the gist of it.
    However as far as I've read (which isn't much), women have these target cells too. HIV rates in america are still higher than in first world countries where circumcision is not the norm so the real world effect of all this is questionable once you have access to condoms and are educated to use them.
    Yeah, that refers to skin cells on the glans being unkeratinized, leading researchers or whomever to believe that they are more vulnerable to infection (which is not true; the glans and foreskin in the intact penis have an immunology system) I don't believe circumcision decreases one's chances of getting infected with HIV. It doesn't matter if your lopped or not, if you have sex with anyone who has HIV there is quite a possibility that you will be infected. Circumcision doesn't make the body immune or resistant to HIV, because HIV is a virus. It just means there are more dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, which doesn't matter because the meatus (entrance to urethra) penetrates the vagina as well (which also is unkeratinized) If we really wanted to get rid of HIV, just test everybody, and quarantine/kill off everyone who is infected. Or, circumcise everyone. Turn everyone into eunuchs and allow the only form of reproduction to be artificial insemination. Why don't we do that instead? Because it's inhumane and all people care about is some bullshit cover-up for their religious customs or their feelings of misandry that violate another person's rights and well-being. And even if it was for healthful, medical reasons, it's unfair to me and others like me, because I take the proper precautions before having sex with someone. Why, just because I have a penis, do I have to suffer in order to reduce the general risk of STDs? I'm not some threat, I don't have HIV and I don't thank circumcision for that, I thank my wits.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Transmissions of STDs (Most especially HIV) is higher with a foreskin. Sorry.

doppel - I've never heard a psychologically healthy male harbor lasting, deep resentment over a circumcision. It's just silly. I understand not wanting to repeat it on your own baby, but jeez, get over it. Your penis hasn't lost sensation from the time your were a kid until now because of your circumcision, though it MAY have because of the abuse you put it through.
    That's one of the weakest arguments I ever heard.

Tell me how one would go about receiving the oh-so-ambiguous "STD".

Someone brought up the comparison of removing a woman's clitoral hood. I agree that this is something I would not want done. What confuses me is dopple's lack of a frame of reference. You've been without your foreskin since infancy, so how exactly do you know that your lack of sensation is due to the absence of your foreskin? I still have my clitoral hood, and despite that I find that there are periods of time when it is still less sensitive. This is usually following a consistent stint of masturbation or stimulation.

I am an avid horseback rider, and spending hours straddling a giant piece of leather on top of a giant animal will also deaden some feeling on occasion. To combat this, I spend a lot free time in my room naked. One, it simply feels good. Two, it allows my body to breathe and relax properly. We spend most of our days confined and restricted by our clothing. We frequently wear materials that don't allow our skin to breathe properly, making us sweaty and uncomfortable. I am also a fan of non-sexual touching. Our bodies have very strong memories associated with touch. Kind of like muscle memory.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Someone brought up the comparison of removing a woman's clitoral hood. I agree that this is something I would not want done. What confuses me is dopple's lack of a frame of reference. You've been without your foreskin since infancy, so how exactly do you know that your lack of sensation is due to the absence of your foreskin? I still have my clitoral hood, and despite that I find that there are periods of time when it is still less sensitive. This is usually following a consistent stint of masturbation or stimulation.

I am an avid horseback rider, and spending hours straddling a giant piece of leather on top of a giant animal will also deaden some feeling on occasion. To combat this, I spend a lot free time in my room naked. One, it simply feels good. Two, it allows my body to breathe and relax properly. We spend most of our days confined and restricted by our clothing. We frequently wear materials that don't allow our skin to breathe properly, making us sweaty and uncomfortable. I am also a fan of non-sexual touching. Our bodies have very strong memories associated with touch. Kind of like muscle memory.
    You sound like a hippie.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The problem is... Dopp is pissed because someone made a decision for him and he was not able to refuse to do that.And now it's ****ing to late cause it's not reversable.
    He wasn't given the chance to like or dislike foreskin and this is what pisses him off the most. He's a person that loves to decide about his own life and someone took this right away from him and he wasn't even able to fight back.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You sound like a hippie.
    I'm a little bit of everything really.

*dono is a hippie*

I wouldn't like to be circumcised if I didn't need it... now if I do, it would suck horribly now.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dono01 View Post
    *dono is a hippie*
    I knew it.

Oh, please. dono, you are so NOT a hippie.

You don't even have a foreskin.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't think hippies have to have foreskins....I consider myself one and I'm rockin a cut penis.....both my parents were hippies....you have no idea how close I was to being named "Indigo Buttening Williams"....I'm so glad my mom went with Dustin.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Indigoooo!!! At least you could have gone with "Indi" for short?

Indigoooo!!! At least you could have gone with "Indi" for short?
    But then I'd need a whip and a small asian boy....wait that sounds way worse than what I mean...I was talking like Indiana Jones.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I'm uncircumcised, mostly thanks to my father. He's like Frasbee and Doppelgaenger: he wishes he had been given a choice. When he learned of my conception, he didn't want to have it done to me, but he also didn't want me to worry about being "different." He decided to watch the operation done on someone else before making his decision. He watched a newborn boy have his foreskin sliced off without anesthetic, and listened to the resulting (and understandable) screams. Then he told the family, "Hell no, we are not doing that!"

I'm indifferent about my status, mostly... I think the pros and cons nearly outweigh each other. When you're circumcised, the head is MUCH more frequently exposed to stimuli, resulting in decreased sensitivity. Ergo, sex feels different--I would assume not as good. It's also much easier to masturbate because you need only slide the foreskin up and down. That may be why it's a standard practice in many religions.

On the other hand, that increased sensitivity means you will naturally come faster. You are also likely to masturbate more, which can complicate your sex life. In summary I think you could say that it increases the learning curve on intercourse.

lahnnabell, this is what my subconscious brain read.

excuse me for about 30 minutes.

---

no, seriously though, I do know what you mean. but I couldn't resist.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast